Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TamtheLittleBlackMoor

Joining Tanks

I have two 10 gallon tanks that i want to make into one 20 gallon tank. Would it be possible to cut out a side panel of glass from one then glue/seal it to the other one? So like, they're still two seperate tanks but one is just attatched to the other?

I would tinker and tweak with them but for now, they're the only tanks i have and if i mess up i have no where to put those fish. :unsure:

That would be very, very hard to do. :unsure: There would be no way to seal it together. sorry. :(

Eeee, gah, thanks for the heads up jdude.

Lady Eros, no no, it's perfect! I am also listed on that forum and after i posted this i saw that! LOL coincidence? I think that's one awesome idea and i'll go for it!

Guest hamstaman

hmm couldn't u cut out a square of one tank and a square out of another tanks side (empty an make sure they are levelled) and create a straight bridge... like out of plexi glass going through both squares on each tank... and then sealing all corner and everything with aquarium sealant or something that prevents water from leaking...

cuz then the bridge would be at the fish's swimming level and they can pass through as they please

does that sound like it would work or am i just dreamin lol...

sounds complicated to me :blink:

that pic in the link looks crazy!! are the fish going to actually even be able to swim through that thing?

I think I would have put the $200 to a bigger tank!

Guest hamstaman

my idea isnt complicated... just make a rectangular prism without teh two ends and just cut2 squares out of each tank and just seal it...

heres what i mean.. i drew it lol

Myself, I would not cut one of my tanks, but that is me. Also you could never move them without breaking the seal. I think this would be a better idea so the water does not become stagnant, I would think it would in the other plans. All you can so it try..... Keep in mind you will have to house your fish some where for several days to do this.

does anyone know how the tank bridge idea worked, ive been thinking about trying to do it myself.

I have many ten gallon tanks and one time I dropped an empty one and one side cracked. I was going to try and cut it but tanks do not cut well. It broke out the whole side so now I am replacing that whole side. :( not fun. Buying a bigger tank is the best option with your money.

This is interesting - did you ever follow through with anything TtLBM?? :D Just curious.