Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
purple

So Frustrated..

The only time fish ever get ill in my house is because of dropsy. My four babies that once won POTW are dropping like flies and I cannot understand why. The water is in superb condition, but now a second fish is bloating badly. It's breaking my heart to see my fish suffer from something that I can't even pinpoint a cause to, so I'm afraid to say that I am going to quit the goldfish hobby. I'll probably continue to keep tropical fish, who are all fairing better than my goldies, but it's just breaking my heart.

Thanks for everyone who has ever helped me out with any of my problems here, and I applaud you guys for everything you do for others here. If it wasn't for Koko's I would have never even begun to see goldfish in the same light, and I'm thankful!

Thanks everyone!

aww purple, im sorry about the probs you are having with your little ones. :o

im sure that this is a very tragic thing to witness in your beloved tanks. i hope you can someday find it in your heart to get yourself some more goldies.

i hope you stick around here. you were one of the first members that i talked to here and ill miss seeing you pop your head in every now and then.

purple, again, i feel very sorry for you and i hope you feel better soon. :)

losing a few fish is no reason to quit. Bad luck, bad food, bad genes, invisiable bacteria or parasites, you name it. I have lost dozens of goldfish but I just rescue more feeders. I had rescued 14 feeders 3 weeks ago and am down to 4 now and none of the 4 have been sick for the last 10 days.

Hi Purple,

It was great to have met you and even had a little chat back then.. But now it is so sad to learn that you have decided to bid us farewell..

Well, if things are not giving you the happiness you expected it to be, indeed I dun see the point to persur any further.. Dun be despair.. Do keep us in mind, who knows one day you want to keep Goldfish again.. :P

By the way, since you decide to go into tropical fishes, do come aorund and show us a pict or two when you have your tank up!! Good luck.. :)

So sorry to hear about your goldies :( I do think though that tropical fish are (if not harder) just as hard to keep as goldies...having to monitor temperature, more expensive etc. I think they are just as beautiful though. All fishes are...to me :) It's probably this extra waste that goldies produce, and lsf carelessness that make them more susceptible to illness. If i get the chance to rear tropical fish....i'd love to go into things like archer fishes...dolphin nosed ones etc. :) I don't regard this as you leaving us, Purple, more of venturing into another parallel part of the huge area of fishkeeping :)

Thanks everyone for all your kind words. I will definitely take a stroll down goldfish lane again, but I think I'd like to take some time for my wounds to heal before I attempt to begin another collection.

Right now, my remaining two don't seem to be affected, so I'm hoping I dont lose them. I'll care for them as I always have until their last days like I have for the others, but for now I'll only stick with my two little guys.

Thanks again guys, I'll keep in touch... = )

Hi Purple,

I am sorry to read that your fishies aren't doing well. I just recently lost a 4 inch comet ( Prince) to an internal disease it seems and he was the strongest one in the tank. That one took me by surprise, all the other fish are doing fine. I hope your two little guys left, live a long and healthy life. Don't be a stranger. Keep popping up every once in a while. :)