Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest SantaClaus

Baby Goldiee With One Eye

Guest SantaClaus

i saved a one eye baby fan tail goldfish(they were gonna feed hom toa big reptile he was free :D ) i was wondering if i need to feed it specialy or anythin treat in a different way?

any one else got any 1 eye goldfish lol i named him 1 eyes jack after the pirate :rofl

Just make sure the water is extremely clean and it should heal on its own and skin should cover the hole :) hehe cute name

Guest SantaClaus

but will he eat normaly too?

like quick as if his eye was not injured

I kept a fantail who lost an eye along the way with no probs. Although with one eye it could easily find food like a pro! :) The thing you might want to watch out for is no sharp objects in the tank to avoid it losing the other eye too, besides good water conditions.

I think they can tell when food is present by smell, and then use sight to home in on it. So, the fish probably can hold its own among fish of a similar variety and size.

How you feed them matters too. My almost blind fish quickly figured out that when he swam up to the top, I'd put food in his mouth. He couldn't compete for food otherwise.

Caroline in San Jose

There seems to be quite a few members with a one-eyed fish,and from what I can recall,in general,they did fine.Sure,a one-eyed fish is at a slight disadvantage,but they can still lead very normal lives.Alot of members keep them with their telescope's(because their eyesight isn't always the best either.As long as they are in with similar fish with the same needs etc. you shouldn't have any problems. Is the eye newly lost? Then like mentioned in previous post-it's very important to keep water pristene during the healing process so no complications arise from it. Hope I helped sopmewhat...Good luck with the little guy!!! Thanks for giving him a chance too! :D;)

Guest SantaClaus

yeah you guys did help me alot he by the way his eye is heal befor i got him he is not a total new baby buy like 3/4"maybe 1" some where rounf there.

im glad that he is going to be ok. :happydance

thanks alot!

Guest nycgirl123

i had a goldfish with one eye when i was younger and i just cleaned the tank more often so that he wouldnt get an infection. he will be just fine