Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Debi0825

It Appears That All The Eggs In The Pond

could've been the cool night temps who knows. Guess I'll wait and see if I get more some other time. Oh well.

Did you get any out for the tanks? If so, how are they?

Oh I'm sorry to hear that. Were you trying to breed them? If so it'll happen. It'll happen even if you weren't trying. :D

Good luck I hope it happens soon.

Laurie

Did you get any out for the tanks? If so, how are they?

Lachfa, I did get some out for the tanks but I don't think I got them out fast enough and I don't think the tanks downstairs were warm enough. Oh well, I'm sure it will happen again. And maybe some did survive. I could end up being surprised like you were.

:yikes

:o So sorry to hear that Debi-I'm sur the opportunity will rise again! And by the way,did you ever find Snowball? I know Hershey was spotted,but I've been working this week,and missed about Snowball!

My biggest fry is getting so big so quick! I'll have to get more pics of him for you. He is all filled out - just a mini fish! He is still "brown" so I don't know what he is. I don't see whiskers - but I don't know when those show up in koi either - anyone know? And no sign of spots for the shubies. I honestly don't even know how long it would take the eggs to "hatch" - do you?

Oh I'm sorry to hear that. Were you trying to breed them? If so it'll happen. It'll happen even if you weren't trying. :D

Laurie, I got the eggs by accident. It had gotten really warm in the pond and a few days later eggs. I was hoping a few would make it. And who knows, maybe some will.

And by the way,did you ever find Snowball? I know Hershey was spotted,but I've been working this week,and missed about Snowball!

Devs, unfortunately, Snowball has not been found. I'm going to search the lower pond again this weekend to see if she shows up. There are still a few things that I can move to look. She maybe down there scared to death because of the Koi.

My biggest fry is getting so big so quick! I'll have to get more pics of him for you. He is all filled out - just a mini fish! He is still "brown" so I don't know what he is. I don't see whiskers - but I don't know when those show up in koi either - anyone know? And no sign of spots for the shubies. I honestly don't even know how long it would take the eggs to "hatch" - do you?

Lachfa, I think it takes a few months for whiskers to show on Koi. When I got mine last year none had them (or at least I couldn't see them). Can't wait to see new pictures.

From what I read on the internet regarding eggs...it depends on how warm it is. The cooler the longer the eggs take to hatch. So I still could have some straglers some where.

I remember someone on here had all white eggs - I think that is the ones that are suppose to be bad - right :huh: - anyway they kept them and they produced fry. So you never know. I wouldn't give up.

I remember someone on here had all white eggs - I think that is the ones that are suppose to be bad - right :huh: - anyway they kept them and they produced fry. So you never know. I wouldn't give up.

Lachfa, I could get lucky and end up with one or two fry like you did. I guess I'll just wait and see. I did notice some weird activity this morning (it has been warm and humid the last couple of days) so maybe I'll have more eggs soon anyway. Where are the updated pictures of your little fry?

Well,I hope you luck out and get a couple babes out of it anyway,and I'm so sorry that you haven't found Snowball yet-that upsets me.....I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you on that one! :unsure:

Well,I hope you luck out and get a couple babes out of it anyway,and I'm so sorry that you haven't found Snowball yet-that upsets me.....I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you on that one! :unsure:

Thank You. I supposed there is always a chance she is hiding somewhere.

I've been painting the porch every evening for the past week....I'll try to remember to get some tonight I promise! I fed them gel food this morning, the looked at me like - um, what is this stuff, where's my meat! They finally gave in and ate it - their little tummies buldge when they are done! :rofl

Here are the babies!

post-13-1087487526.jpg

I think there are 2 breeds.

post-13-1087487591.jpg

another -

post-13-1087487634.jpg

last one....

post-13-1087487676.jpg

They are getting so big. I can't believe you found them in that pond. Can't wait to see what they grow into.

I'm pretty sure there are two different kinds. Some have normal eyes, while some have just black dots. The ones with the black dots are getting little spots on their backs - maybe shubies? The are smaller than the others to. Time will tell!

Guest Lizzy

I have the exact same thing with fry from last year.

1 is white with red and orange and black now with huge black eyes.

The others are still olive-greenish with "normal" eyes.

I'm thinking the white one is a Koi since it resembles the Koi bigtime.

Wow Lizzy - do you have any pics - I can't wait to find out what these guys are.

:D Wow Lachfa-they sure are getting big! What a size difference on some,huh? I think it would be kind of exciting waiting to see what they ended up being! :rolleyes:

I swear that big guy is growing before my eyes! He is pushing an inch!

Guest Lizzy

Mine are growing like mad too.

I'll try to make some pictures this weekend :)

Atm I'm noticing the first orange spot in the white one.

And my shubunkin doesnt have any orange, only my Koi has. :)