Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mailboxck

Philippines!

I fed them yolk today. At first, they were all sitting at the bottom, but when i dropped the yolk in, they immediately went crazy and swarmed the drop of yolk i placed. They're definitely goldies! Ever so hungry. :rofl

:rofl

That is great to hear :) within a week,you will be able to see size differences.Some will grow a lot bigger than the others. :D

They're really neat lil creatures. You could actually see their eyes move! Sad thing is that there are around 10 of them who didn't make it due to bent spines.

Awww...sorry for your loss :cry1 I lost some of mine with bent backs too.And some with SBD.

The good thing is that i got 50+ more of them in that bucket. Hopefully they all survive. How did they get SBD?

You might lose up to half the frys depending on the water conditions and deformity. This is normal. I have lost about 30% of the frys due to various conditions. Some do not grow very well and some are like giants. I have isolated the big ones and the pretty ones in a bigger tank and those smaller ones in a another smaller tank.

Just feed them properly and control the water chemistry and you will have a lot of healthy frys. Are you using any filters? Best is to use a medium size sponge filter. Power heads are no good for frys as they can suck them in the pump. I am using a power head now since the frys grows biggers but need to place the pump in a basket with fine holes as some frys even they are about 3/4" got stuck in the vanes. Reason of using a bigger pump is due to the high bio load of the tank with so many frys in it.

Cheers.............

How did they get SBD?

I have no idea :( Some of them just floated around either head up or head down.

Well like ranchu man said,you may lose more in time.They are so sensitive to almost everything.So it''d be good to monitor your water quality :)

Am keeping the water clean. Will get a sponge filter on monday but the water is pretty clean as of now. I hope they grow real big. The ones with deformities already passes and the healty ones are the ones left. Some with bent spines are struggling. Pray for my lil babies.

Just remember not to change the water for a whole month.You will be risking their

lives if you do this.

Because they are small,they are not as messy as adults could be.

After a couple of hours after meal,siphon the uneaten food and add water equivalent to the water you siphoned(dechlored and temp match) :D

Okay I think that's about it.If you have any more questions just ask away ;)

Will be praying for the good health and survival of your babies.

My only prob is that the food are so small that they look like particles floating on the water. But some do settle at the bottom, just gotta be careful not to stir them while siphoning.

Thanks for all your help :)

I can now see some fins on their side. Woohoo. Someone here suggested i feed them green water too. Green water is algea which is food for these youngsters. Since i have a tiny pond outside with pea soup water, i poured a cupful of green water into the tank of my fries. Hope this help them grow.

I'll buy some brineshrimp on monday too.

They are growing fast isn't it?Seeing their little pectoral fins move when their swimming.

After a week or so you will start seeing dorsal fins and some will double their size :)

Are the plectoral fins the ones on their sides? If so, yes, i can see them. They are so cute.

I can also see the food going through their bellys. :rofl

They have grown a lot since tuesday. A couple of days before, i saw the ones with crooked backs but i can't find them anymore. Where have they gone?

Guest kamitoki

ck: Sorry for not replying to your last texts. Naubusan rin ng credit. Anyways, congrats at good luck ulit.

coyote: hi. i've seen you post before in the japan thread. plano ko ngang mag-nihongo this march (yun intensive course).

update: 2 baby orandas now teenagers (3 inches). The smaller one has now become the larger one and bullies the other during feeding time. Sometimes I'm tempted to give them away and get a nice docile ranchu. Gyah...

Hi there Kamitoki :) Nice to finally meet you.Hope we could see more of you around here :D

:krazy: Guys! New surprise, got another batch of eggs this morning. Same fathers, different mom.

That is great news!!Good Luck with them :D

Guest kamitoki

It's really nice to know na kahit medyo mainit ang pasko, kaya mo pa rin mag-breed. Hindi naman sila naka-aircon right.

*patpats CK* Bukas ka na ng petstore, pare.

Actually may aircon yung room but not on. Last night was really cold. I could feel the breeze coming into the windows so i immediately checked on my goldies and there they were, spawning again. I guess spawning is trigged by an immediate increase in temperature.

Ayos, bukas na nga ng petshop. The fry count got as high as 100 and the new batch of eggs are around 60+.

This is mind boggling.

Bakit ganun? Parang kumokonti yung fry ko? As of now, it only looks like that I got 70. That's a very rough estimate. Is it just me or are my fry disappearing. :krazy:

So,how are they doing lately? :unsure:

They're a bit bigger now. Some with bent spined sadly died. I got them a sponge filter and will feed them newly hatched brine shrimp tomorrow! You can see their tails developing well!

Guest kamitoki
Some with bent spined sadly died.

Don't let it bother you too much, dude. Buti na yun maaga na kaysa mahirapan pa sila buong buhay nila.

Sorry I can't help. Good luck ulit.

What kamitoki said is true.Just let nature take it's course.Somethings are just not meant to be.Just keep an eye on your healthy ones and give them the best care you can :lol:

Yeah. there's no fish left with bent spines. The odd thing is that it looks like their organs are a bit too big. Looks like it's protruding from the sides of their body. Well, LOOKS like it. Hehehe.

They're doing fine and they love brine shrimp. Added a sponge filter there too. I think that i still have more than 70 fries. Hope all survive!

My other batch of fries are great. 60 of them already hatched with none of them having bent spines. Cool!

Hey coyote_ugly, never seen you post in filipino. Still remember talking in tagalog?

Being in a foreign country for so long never having the opportunity to speak the language is a bit tough.I understand tagalog,I surely can speak but it will take me lots of time to piece one sentence :( I get all mixed up sometimes.