Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Sign in to follow this  
mailboxck

Philippines!

292 posts in this topic

hiya hope~

I actually use the activated carbon and it works very well for clearing cloudy and smelly water esp when you got lots of fishies but also I was told that UV helps with keeping the water clean and kills parasites and bacteria in the water but not parasites on the fishies but once they come off they are very dead parasites so i actually got to the point that i am going to get the UV and give it a try and see what happens plus i decided to do barebottom what a big difference it made as well with water being clear

Edited by Jillian

Guest Fred

So I should not worry for now that the water is stil cloudy? It will eventually clear up after cycling? And as long as I do regular water changes. Sorry kung makulit, I'm just getting frustrated with this new hobby especially seeing other people's tanks with very clear water.

So I should not worry for now that the water is stil cloudy? It will eventually clear up after cycling? And as long as I do regular water changes. Sorry kung makulit, I'm just getting frustrated with this new hobby especially seeing other people's tanks with very clear water.

I haven't tried carbon filtration in my tanks (actually nga, di ko masyado gusto yung crystal-clear na tubig... I prefer my goldfish tank water a little yellowish from suspended organic matter para medyo approximate sa pond water). Pero... you guys go ahead and try the carbon if you like.

Hi Jillian....what is UV? Never seen that 'ata ah... I've taken everything out of my aquarium as well dahil nga ambilis dumumi ng tubig. I still occasionally put yung mga fake plants nila after washing them carefully.

Fred: Just keep changing water every other day for now, as Man Yu said. It seems kasi na bago pa lang ang aquarium mo, eh. It will eventually clear up. Don't worry. Just keep up with the water-change. Kasi, the first time I started with this hobby, I did not know na kailangan palang ilang linggo before bumili ng isda to make sure yung aquarium is good enough for them to live in. Ayun, ang dami ko'ng namatay na beauties dahil hindi din ako masyadonng nag water-change.

Do not add any salt din. Not for now, unless merong sakit ang GF.

Hi Jillian....what is UV? Never seen that 'ata ah... I've taken everything out of my aquarium as well dahil nga ambilis dumumi ng tubig. I still occasionally put yung mga fake plants nila after washing them carefully.

Fred: Just keep changing water every other day for now, as Man Yu said. It seems kasi na bago pa lang ang aquarium mo, eh. It will eventually clear up. Don't worry. Just keep up with the water-change. Kasi, the first time I started with this hobby, I did not know na kailangan palang ilang linggo before bumili ng isda to make sure yung aquarium is good enough for them to live in. Ayun, ang dami ko'ng namatay na beauties dahil hindi din ako masyadonng nag water-change.

Do not add any salt din. Not for now, unless merong sakit ang GF.

你好我要求在大约它附近的希望超紫罗兰色消毒器并且奇迹的人们实际上说这里是更多对此这里我实际上有三过滤器当时跑在我的坦克二正常并且一双重弹药筒生物过滤器与氨减少碳和自那以后我有去的光秃的底部那里是我曾经清除底部天太但碳工作奇迹的较少混乱当我喜欢我的坦克原始

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...showtopic=34785

they make it sound more confusing then what it really is actually my LFS the owner who is from HK told me that I should get the UV because I had asked the owner what makes his tanks so crystal clear and he basically told me I use UV steriliser so I figured i'd do some research and i decided i'd do it as my tank would be crystal clear plus wouldnt have to go :krazy: as much about all the nasties in the tank and plus not harmful to the fish and kills the bad bacteria & he is ordering me a good one for very cheap price :rofl

OK. Jillian. What size UV Sterilizer do I need for a 180L/48G aquarium, do you know? I might as well think about getting one.

i going to for the 9 watt 55 is the max UV watt . but they have 5 watt 9 watt 18 watt 24 watt 36 watt and 55 watt they say the 5 watt recommended tank size 10 to 75 ga Recommended Flow Rate: up to 100 gph 9 watt is for 75-125 ga @ Recommended Flow Rate: up to 200 gph but i have 3 filtration units lol hmmm i guess i'll see if it works out if not i'll just get the 5 if it is doesnt but i'm sure it will i'm like you hope with lots of goldies my tank is 30 ga but i also have a 10 ga but anyway if you ever wanna chat off koko's my email addy is l_lds2003@hotmail.com i can be reached threw msn messy or email i'm not crazy or anything lol

Edited by Jillian

Hi Jillian. I just saw your question in "UV Sterilzer - In and Out"...I asked the same question over there as to what I need for mine...

I see you're offline right now from MSN.

I am off soon to Tung Choi Street in Mongkok for more GF/Snail stuff. Talk later?

Man Yu: Problema...tulungan mo ako. Si Ryukin ko. Remember he had some red vein stuff sa tail at sa fins niya? Well...binilihan ko siya ng gamot at today ay 4th day na. Nag ok ok ng konti ang kulay ng fin and tail niya however, yung katawan niya meron pa ring pag-blood-shot red (doon mismo sa katawan where the tail and fins are coming out...)

Anyway, nakita ko, yung left hand side fin niya torn at parang nasasaktan siya dahil parang siya nagwawala. Minsan nga yung ulo niya tumatama sa aquarium.

Yung gamot na inilagay ko ay ito:

1. Speed disinfectant (made in HK) for white spot, gill disease, gill parasite, velvet disease, fin and tail rot, lichen prevention and fish anemia

2. Fungus treater by AZOO

3. Only today, nilagyan ko ng salt yung tubig para hindi siya masyadong ma shock/stress

What else ang dapat kong gawin? 50% water change this evening.

gee... I really haven't tried any of the other stuff you listed so I can't say for sure if they actually help or not. Salt at melafix pa lang ang may stamp of approval ko for skin and fin infections e...

Suggest ko for now, remove any decoration you might have in your tank (just so he won't bump into them anymore) and continue with medicating and water change... and observe for any other symptoms that might show up.

:( Kasi the only "AqauPharm" na nakita ko lang ay yung mga straight forward disease remover i.e. White Spot, Fin and Tail Rot, Fungus....etc pero wala sila ng "Melafix".

Ok...cloudy na naman itong tubig...Ewan ko ba....kung kelan mag-hoholiday ako for a week, doon naman sila nagkakasakit. I just hope na maging ok ito before I go on leave on Friday.

Salamat anyway...I'll keep you posted. :)

Hmmm...Been three years since last posted. Another Pinoy here. :)

Hi guys! Another pinoy here! :) btw may Pimafix lang nandito sa CdeO

Edited by Amriel

Hi guys! Another pinoy here! :) btw may Pimafix lang nandito sa CdeO

Noypi here from marikina... tagal na yata bago masundan ang mga posts dito..

hi guys! another pinoy here. i would like to know kun saan makakabili ng aquaclear hob sa pinas. salamat