Sign in to follow this  
Ranchugirl

The Ryukin

63 posts in this topic

I seen these kind of fish on sale at PetSmart for 4 dollars but I didn't buy one. I had my heart set on a Shubunkin but they didn't have what I was looking for so we went to a different store where I bought my Fantail Goldfish Dreamsicle. Now that I see what these fish look like when bigger I kind of wish that I did buy one that day. But I love the fantail I have now so it's ok....Maybe in the future sometime I can try a Ryunkin :)

LasagnaTopView.jpg

Lasagna.jpg

My round-bodied Ryukin

10313790_1164213403593729_35325282294882

1382270_1170577789623957_911388633889345

10313790_1164213403593729_35325282294882

Edited by Fastlane

Beautiful!!!!!

Anyone have a giant Ryukin and a picture with a ruler?

I have one that is as big as my fist and growing, so wondering if anyone has big guys.

I can't post pics yet, and I'm just finding this site today, but last week I was sold what I was told was a Ryukin, but after looking at pics online and here, I'm not sure if that what he/she is. Can someone help me with  pics?  He/she was not an inexpensive fish because he was bigger than the microscopic telescope in my profile pic.  He's gorgeous though, but I would like to know for sure what he is.  Frustrating to think they sold me a fish at a higher price, and it's not what was listed.

1 hour ago, dubbergirl said:

I can't post pics yet, and I'm just finding this site today, but last week I was sold what I was told was a Ryukin, but after looking at pics online and here, I'm not sure if that what he/she is. Can someone help me with  pics?  He/she was not an inexpensive fish because he was bigger than the microscopic telescope in my profile pic.  He's gorgeous though, but I would like to know for sure what he is.  Frustrating to think they sold me a fish at a higher price, and it's not what was listed.

you can upload them to the site :) 

I'm reading around more on the site, and am figuring out the photo thing.  It's a tad different then another site I was on.  I went back to the pet store for a water test (everything is good except Ph and ammonia).  I also asked about the fish I purchased, versus the picture of a Ryukin I pulled up on my phone.  Pet store manager said that just labeled them on the tanks like they come in from wherever they get them, and the sweet girl who was helping me whispered that half the time they didn't even know what kinds of fish they were....I did look in another tank and they do have some listed as mixed Ryukin, that look like Ryukins.  They are smaller than the one I bought, but my daughter and I agreed we can't bear to take back the one we bought, so he/she will be staying with us.  Now, to post pics.  Thank you for your help!

25 minutes ago, dubbergirl said:

I'm reading around more on the site, and am figuring out the photo thing.  It's a tad different then another site I was on.  I went back to the pet store for a water test (everything is good except Ph and ammonia).  I also asked about the fish I purchased, versus the picture of a Ryukin I pulled up on my phone.  Pet store manager said that just labeled them on the tanks like they come in from wherever they get them, and the sweet girl who was helping me whispered that half the time they didn't even know what kinds of fish they were....I did look in another tank and they do have some listed as mixed Ryukin, that look like Ryukins.  They are smaller than the one I bought, but my daughter and I agreed we can't bear to take back the one we bought, so he/she will be staying with us.  Now, to post pics.  Thank you for your help!

don't worry about photo bucket. Just upload to here :) 

This is my favorite Ryukin. His name is Omen. He is missing a ventral fin. 

large.GEDC0360.JPG.cada54bfd2b0e4a615e175964022802e.JPG

Your fish are so vibrant :o 

Omen is gorgeous!!!!

7 hours ago, koko said:

Your fish are so vibrant :o 

:bingo: