Sign in to follow this  
Ranchugirl

The Ryukin

63 posts in this topic

Ah man! I just saw the most beautiful little ryukin at raingarden.

5959b.JPG

credit-http://www.raingarden.us/5959b.JPG

A truly spectacular little guy. I would buy him, if I my tank wasn't full up as it is. :( Maybe, just maybe, if I am reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaallyy lucky, he'll still be there in a year when I move and buy another tank. Nobody buy him! He's mine!

I don't usually car for the ryunkins that much but this one at Goldfishconnection caught my eye :)

http://www.goldfishconnection.com/uploads/full/AUC_162_50.JPG

credit http://www.goldfishconnection.com/auction/index.php?srId=3207&act=showroom

Edited by shellbell4ever

Wow! I love the pink hue and shiny scales!

Ah man! I just saw the most beautiful little ryukin at raingarden.

5959b.JPG

credit-http://www.raingarden.us/5959b.JPG

A truly spectacular little guy. I would buy him, if I my tank wasn't full up as it is. :( Maybe, just maybe, if I am reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaallyy lucky, he'll still be there in a year when I move and buy another tank. Nobody buy him! He's mine!

oh WOW, he is a stunning lil fella hey? I'm surprised he's still available..

I don't usually car for the ryunkins that much but this one at Goldfishconnection caught my eye :)

http://www.goldfishconnection.com/uploads/full/AUC_162_50.JPG

credit http://www.goldfishconnection.com/auction/index.php?srId=3207&act=showroom

I liked that one too Shell! If it wasn't a short-tail I'd probably want to bid on it. I just don't care for the short-tails that much, but aside from the tail that fish is really nice!

Oh if only I could find a tele that loked like that :)

How symmetrical is the body of a ryukin when you look at it from above? Does his belly have to be practically 100% even on both sides or is it normal that the belly sticks out a tiny bit more on one side? My new little ryukin looks like that.

Do you have a pic? It's probably because she isn't an adult yet and she hasn't had time to fill out all the way.

That would be my guess too, Tay. I had one ryukin like that but he had no issues with the non perfect symmetry at all.

Well, she doesn't seem to have any problems either. I'll try to get a good photo from above, but she moves around so much...

Ok here we go. That was easier than I thought! She's slightly on an angle, I think that makes it pop out a bit more in this photo than it really is.

vanillebelly.jpg

If this is no problem for her, I got no problem with it either. It only shows when you really pay attention to it. I just want to make sure that she is alright!

Nah, it's fine. Don't worry about it, hun.

Thanks, dear! Just trying to make sure my little baby is alright :3

very beautiful pics. I have a 7inch Red Capped Oranda and have upgraded to a 47 g tank. I have been looking into getting him a tank mate and saw this beautiful orange Ryukin ,like the one Valerie has, in the fish store. Looks to be a very healthy fish and at least 5inch. Would 47g be enough space for two fancy goldies if i kept the water clean :hummm

I fell in love with ryukins last year. I've read about them, here at Koko's and also other sites, but have never seen one in any of our LFS around here (FL). One day I was at the store, ONLY to buy food (story of my life!) and they had a tank that had ONE ryukin left in it. Well of course I had to buy him. Not only because I've never seen one in person or because I've never seen them for sale around here, but he just looked so incredibly healthy. As the article says, he reminded me of a boxer, just powerful and pushing himself through the water. His name is Butch (hey, it fits) and he is mostly orange with a little bit of white on his belly and tailfin. Wish I had a pic of him, but at the moment I'm in the middle of cleaning fish tanks. Let me see.

newgoldiestattooandrocket11-103.jpg

Not a great pic really. Makes him look like a whale, not to mention its blurred! Let me try again, but the other pics I have are also blurry.

Edited by BeavisMom62

ButchHattie2.jpg

A little bit better. The red cap oranda is Hattie, and I bought him at the same time. Fell in love with Orandas after I bought my first one and couldn't pass him up. Butch doesn't have a huge hump, but what do you expect for a fish from a box LFS. Plus, he's probably not even a year old yet. This is an old pic and his hump is a little bigger now.

Edited by BeavisMom62

Guest GoldFishNewbies

my favorite goldfish so far

Ohhh, I love the Ryukin look, but I think it's definitely too advanced of a fish for a newbie like me :unsure:

You should do Ranchu for the next GofM >_><_<

I have a little white and red Ryukin! :3 He's my pride and joy...(along with the others, of course. ;D)

But here's a pic! He's only a baby. ^^

IMG_0682.jpg

He's so adorable!

Awww what a cutie!

What an adorable fish! :heart

Want!

Hehe awww thanks you guys! His name's Neptune. :3 And I love him lots and lots. :'D

I so love Ryukins ! they are one of my favorites !

Here's my sweet little Blaze

10039550255_8be7b6386d_c.jpg