Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
svendenhowser

Weird Shaped Female [pics Included]

Here in oz its the beginning of spring, so the temperature here is about 30 degrees, and of course my randy males are picking up speed B) However my little female fantail/oranda seems a bit off shape. She is of breeding age and i bred her last year and got some beautiful babies, but this year one side of err.. well butt is like bigger than the other. What might this be caused by? Is it just a collection of eggs that are ready to come out or what? Shes not behaving oddly, the water parameters are fine and shes eating no probs, she just looks offshape to me. I tried to take some pictures but she wouldn't sit still :P You can kind of see what i'm talking about though...

hotlipshoolihan2.jpg

hotlipshoolihan1.jpg

yea their all normal.. its wierd.. i think shes gotten a bit more proportioned now though.

hmm interesting well just keep a good watch on her! my fish surprised me with a whole bunch of babies one day and i was extremly un prepared!

yea shes kinda... rounded out now :) i'm prepared for the babies, she had them last year so i know what to expect. But i've sectioned off the tank so that theres only 1 male with her, last year there was 3.. poor darlin.. i woke up one mornin and she was nearly dead.. eggs everwhere! She got fully beaten up..