Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JessicaandMarshall

Pics Of The Fry

Haahaa, all of my fry look deformed in some way. There are 3 (out of six) that look to just have bent, or folded tail fins, no big deal. Then the other three, 2 seem very strange looking, they both have weird backs, and one has no tail fins, just an extension, hard to explain. The last one is a teeny tiny runt. I am keeping them all, the deformed ones, swim and eat and seem happy.

Anyway, they are 3.5 months old!! (I think!)

I have pictures of the one that Toothless though looked like Whitie. I tryed to get pictures of the others, but they would not hold still. The "LIttle Whitie" is the second biggest, the very biggest is a "Little Woogie". For those of you that have no idea what I am talking about, Little Whitie, looks just like her mom and Little Woogie, looks just like his dad (an oranda).

post-13-1083802144.jpg

Guest ed586

Heehee....

It looks like a girl Jessica... just look at the "bumps".

(Sorry... somebody had to say it. :lol: )

:rofl Those bumps are weird!! They get those when they eat.....is that normal? Can anyone tell me? LOL

Jessica

It reminds me of a baby bird, when they eat they get those big bellies. Come to think of it, my dog used to get a big belly when he ate when he was a pup. My bettas get a little chubby belly when the eat alot...I'm not sure about those fry though! I've never seen a belly that big on a fish before. I'm sure you're a great fishy mom, and it's normal.

Thanks, but I am not so sure that it's normal.....*yikes* I just looked at a bunch of fry pictures on the net, and no one else had those balloon stomachs! Maybe my fry are a bunch of freaks :rolleyes:

But then on the other hand, it's normal for my fry, they've always been like that, all of them.

And I barely feed them anything....they are getting fat on air...errr should I say water. :rofl

Oh well, I am keeping them for myself anyway, so I don't have to worry about them being fed to jaws or something...... :lol

And about the baby birds....LOL I raised a baby robin last year, and it's crop would fill up like a balloon when it was full. It reminded me of a bull frog haahaa.

Jessica

Edited by JessicaandMarshall

Guest OrandaObsessed

Eeehehehe, those are so so so so cute. It's amazing how much faster goldfish fry grow than say, tropical livebearer fry. These guys look like little fish already in just a few days, it takes weeks for my platy fry to get to look that much like miniature versions of the adults. Congrats on your babies, they're adorable! :D

Guest ed586

I had no idea about the bumps. :lol: I hope to be a daddy someday and that will help to know. :)

Guest Orandaman

That is really neat. Keep us updated on how they are coming along. :D

Guest goldfishpal

My fry used to have bumps too. it seems ok with them. I think it was overeating, but those who eat a lot tend to grow faster.

Have fun!

---Goldfishpal

i know its a bit late, but yeah jess, those bumpy bells are normal, mine get it after eating too :) loving the white colours !!! Kev

great pictures jess they are so cute :wub:

Congradz