Kokos Goldfish Forum
Georgiagirl

Please tell me what this is...

This almost clear bubble started out very tiny and 3 days later this is where we're at....HELP..Other than this bubble my fish is totally fine at the moment.. what do I need to do??

20200728_221109.jpg

20200728_221338.jpg

20200728_221021.jpg

It’s just an abnormal growth, these happen sometimes. It doesn’t look inflamed or infected, so I’d just ignore it for the time being. If it breaks or begins looking redder or more irritated we can trim it off and disinfect the area, but I wouldn’t bother with that if I didn’t have to :)

Think of it this way - some people have bubble eyes or hamanishiki, you have the elusive bubble chin variety ;)

Thank you for replying.. that helps me not freak out as much... but why did it grow so much and so fast all of a sudden?

Those fluid filled pockets can fill very quickly. My bubble eyes used to occasionally pop their enormous bubbles and yet they would heal and regrow within a few weeks; much bigger than the bubble on your fish. That sort of growth is a little like a human skin tag or new mole; that’s the best analogy I can come up with. Just developmental funkiness seems the fish grows.