Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lionhead520

40B Equipment Questions

Beginning my quest on getting another tank set up. Pulled the trigger on a 40B yesterday during Petcos tank sale. Wow, Its alot bigger than I thought it was going to be!

I plan on getting two Aquaclear 50's for filtration. I remember setting up my last tank about a decade ago that charcoal is not required. How many extra boxes of bio material should I buy?

I searched a little yesterday for lids and only found glass lids and plastic ones that don't completely seal the top on a 40B. Can you guys please link me to your suggestions?

I wish I could help you.  None of my hoods seal the top of the tank, I find I get better has exchange with some openings, and only ever used the plain or hinges glass aqua clear ones, if at all.  My main tank actually is acrylic and has openings on multiple spots of the top panel, which I leave as is.  I have used acrylic sheets from Home Depot to deal some of those before but it was kind of a hassle for feeding without much benefit.

On 3/10/2020 at 8:37 AM, Lionhead520 said:

Beginning my quest on getting another tank set up. Pulled the trigger on a 40B yesterday during Petcos tank sale. Wow, Its alot bigger than I thought it was going to be!

I plan on getting two Aquaclear 50's for filtration. I remember setting up my last tank about a decade ago that charcoal is not required. How many extra boxes of bio material should I buy?

I searched a little yesterday for lids and only found glass lids and plastic ones that don't completely seal the top on a 40B. Can you guys please link me to your suggestions?

I got mine from.

https://www.thatpetplace.com/

Marineland Perfecto Glass Canopy - 36 in. x 18 in. (for 40 B)

That Fish Place.

Hope that helps.

Will this one fit a Aqueon 40B as well?

5 hours ago, Lionhead520 said:

Will this one fit a Aqueon 40B as well?

The one I linked? The glass fits perfect, the plastic piece doesn't touch all the way back. If you don't have cats you will be fine. I have a Maine Coon that gets on top so I have a make shift brace so just make sure it can hold his weight.