Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CeeJ

Oranda wen issues

Hi,

I’ve had my oranda for around ten years with no issues at all but recently the wen sprouted a small, round growth which has grown gradually to form a round-ish bobble, attached by a thin membrane and measuring around 1.5cm across.

It’s very unsightly and I don’t know what to do... I haven’t acted sooner as it didn’t seem to be causing any problems but not I’m not sure if it will stop growing. Grateful for any advice!

EE723C69-9C91-404F-B2FE-C350DE6EC014.jpeg.f7d0a20556e2a152aa8599fdf82fcb9c.jpeg

B8E81038-CDE7-4122-838B-C7C0F37FE3AE.jpeg

ADFA8C28-2EC1-4542-A8A8-C4DE599BFA89.jpeg

Honestly?  It’s like humans - old man with benign tumor.  Funky things grow as we age, even in animals.  There isn’t a treatment for it aside for surgical excision, if you’re interested we have several members who have done that before and a few YouTubes of it from @Helen and @mjfromga.

Thanks for the reply :) 

So I’m right in thinking that it’s just benign overgrowth of the wen? I’m not brave enough to try to remove it myself so I’ll just leave well alone if that’s the case. Is there any chance it could fall off by its self?

@koko has a fish who grew a tumor that disappeared so I guess its possible but not likely.

But as long as it's not affecting his quality of life you are fine to just leave it alone :) If you do decide you want to remove it there will be people who can support you through the process here!