Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sokusfishtails23

Bubble eye goldfish with both eyes popped!!!

2 hours ago, Sokusfishtails23 said:

She has found a way to position herself under the flow of the filter which is in the corner to keep herself submerged, so that’s good, and I started treating her with some salt in her water and may try the Epsom as well.. I will consider putting her down. She’s a very intelligent sweet fish so I’d rather get her better, but I’ll seriously consider it since all of this has her in a painful position and like you’ve said, she could easily be in this position again.. :/ Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it!! 

Don't use regular salt, use just the Epsom at 1/2 teaspoon per 10 gallons. Regular salt can add to the fluid retention xx

On 1/21/2020 at 4:09 PM, Sokusfishtails23 said:

She has found a way to position herself under the flow of the filter which is in the corner to keep herself submerged, so that’s good, and I started treating her with some salt in her water and may try the Epsom as well.. I will consider putting her down. She’s a very intelligent sweet fish so I’d rather get her better, but I’ll seriously consider it since all of this has her in a painful position and like you’ve said, she could easily be in this position again.. :/ Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it!! 

Like FishyMandy said use only Epsom salt in this cause. Regular salt will make them hold the water. We don't want that as she is already has enough in her system.

Thanks for the advice both FishyMandy and Koko. Unfortunately, she just passed yesterday morning.. :(.

this is the salt I was using, I thought because it was aquarium salt it was epsom, but now I’m not sure.. :/ 

image.jpg

24 minutes ago, Sokusfishtails23 said:

Thanks for the advice both FishyMandy and Koko. Unfortunately, she just passed yesterday morning.. :(.

this is the salt I was using, I thought because it was aquarium salt it was epsom, but now I’m not sure.. :/ 

image.jpg

Oh .....thats just regular salt with no additives like anti-caking. Epsom salt is used to get swelling down in ppl and fish. You find it commonly in the drug stores.

I'm sorry she's gone. In all honesty, they don't do well after that. 😳

I'm sorry you lost her :(

Thank you to both of you, you both helped so much even if she did go, thank you :)