Kokos Goldfish Forum

New Red cap oranda  and moor are my joy and this Summer was a disaster as super heat conditions plus a cloud of material from our pine trees which shade our ponds created a special condition which produced in very rapid time ( few hours) a toxic milky white water . This killed many of my prized fishes. 

Now we restart with a very nice little group of red cap oranda , a few black moor and about fifty nice guppy from Israel and shir lanka. These of course are all inside acquariums. 

It is a few years since I visit shop and purchase new fish and I am impressed by the high quality of their health.  

So far only ick and of course the normal % deaths of guppy after travel.

I hope that soon I will be able to provide more good news . 

On 11/22/2019 at 3:16 PM, mikroll said:

New Red cap oranda  and moor are my joy and this Summer was a disaster as super heat conditions plus a cloud of material from our pine trees which shade our ponds created a special condition which produced in very rapid time ( few hours) a toxic milky white water . This killed many of my prized fishes. 

Now we restart with a very nice little group of red cap oranda , a few black moor and about fifty nice guppy from Israel and shir lanka. These of course are all inside acquariums. 

It is a few years since I visit shop and purchase new fish and I am impressed by the high quality of their health.  

So far only ick and of course the normal % deaths of guppy after travel.

I hope that soon I will be able to provide more good news . 

Would love to see them and the set up :)

Cant wait to see them. 

WOW the pine trees? I have some in my back yard, I sure hope this doesn't happen to mine :( 

Hi Koko,  The trees are Mediterranean pines over 20 meters tall . Of the the three ponds only the two unfiltered were touched. This happened in July. Morning was ok but  by noon the ponds turned a milky white  which killed nearly all koi and gold fish . This has only happened two times since these ponds were built in 2004. This year was exceptional as the trees seemed to drip or release a sticky sweet mist that coated everything . Car, trees, and all under. My fault as I get older do not always keep all the leaves and stuff out of the ponds and feel that this was cause of the bloom that caused the disaster. Neighbors’ pond also went the same way twice  in same month. Now ponds are clean but have no fish yet. Maybe this Spring if koi in main pond decide to spawn will we get those populated. 

Guppy meanwhile are doing fine and producing as expected . the young being transferred to a grow tank. These guppy from Shri Lanka are excellent and I have big hopes for them.

Gold fish now pass the first critical days and so far all goes very well . Normally new fish do not wait to get sick but just get on with it in first days after arriving. 

Edited by mikroll

18 hours ago, mikroll said:

Hi Koko,  The trees are Mediterranean pines over 20 meters tall . Of the the three ponds only the two unfiltered were touched. This happened in July. Morning was ok but  by noon the ponds turned a milky white  which killed nearly all koi and gold fish . This has only happened two times since these ponds were built in 2004. This year was exceptional as the trees seemed to drip or release a sticky sweet mist that coated everything . Car, trees, and all under. My fault as I get older do not always keep all the leaves and stuff out of the ponds and feel that this was cause of the bloom that caused the disaster. Neighbors’ pond also went the same way twice  in same month. Now ponds are clean but have no fish yet. Maybe this Spring if koi in main pond decide to spawn will we get those populated. 

Guppy meanwhile are doing fine and producing as expected . the young being transferred to a grow tank. These guppy from Shri Lanka are excellent and I have big hopes for them.

Gold fish now pass the first critical days and so far all goes very well . Normally new fish do not wait to get sick but just get on with it in first days after arriving. 

Well thats just crazy! Are you going to put some kind of cover over the ponds? Is this going to happen again ? :(

I would love to see a photo of these guppies I dont think I have seen those kinds before  :whistle

99922E32-00F7-480B-A962-76E45D7E3290.jpeg

701FA72C-80EE-428C-8EA7-604A4DA99085.jpeg

Edited by mikroll

What I like most is that the females now come with great  colourful tails . Also can now get the halfblack white and others very easy for price of common . Before we had to wait for a show , then bid at auction to win the fish , then travel hours  to a friend who then bred a couple from them. $$$. 

Can only post still pictures , seems your site is not permitting me to load  the good videos.  

Edited by mikroll

On 11/29/2019 at 8:42 AM, mikroll said:

What I like most is that the females now come with great  colourful tails . Also can now get the halfblack white and others very easy for price of common . Before we had to wait for a show , then bid at auction to win the fish , then travel hours  to a friend who then bred a couple from them. $$$. 

Can only post still pictures , seems your site is not permitting me to load  the good videos.  

They are really nice looking guppies. Yeah I noticed that most of the girls are a lot more colorful that in the past.

Yup you can't upload videos here but it will allow the url's to be posted. Vids are just to big on the server 😔