Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Acro

Dandy Orandas auction is OPEN again!!!

In reply to my topic here:  https://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/topic/128887-dandy-orandas-closed/?tab=comments#comment-2038855

Dandy Orandas is open again!  Check out their website!   (and there is an auction going on right now 11/16/2019 at 11:08pm EST!)  

Someone buy me this one:

DSC5628.jpg

DSC5672.jpg

That's great news 👍👍👍👍

I wonder what changed to bring him back.  I'm tempted to email him . . . 

Edited by Acro

12 hours ago, Acro said:

I wonder what changed to bring him back.  I'm tempted to email him . . . 

I wonder myself :) 

Here is an update from Dandy Oranda's website:

EVERYTHING MUST GO!!!

ONLY three more auctions before I cease operations until further notice. The LAST auction will be January 24th.

Based on my typical imports, tariffs have added nearly $100/day to my overhead. I just don't have that kind of money, and will not continue all this hard work just to pay taxes. Therefore, I am suspending imports until we get back to reasonable trade relations. It's unfortunate because Dandy Orandas has been bringing American customers fish that simply don't exist outside of China for over three decades. That's required unique relationships with friends and associates in China that have evolved over many years. Without those connections many of these fish would have never been available. It's especially frustrating because I had an incredibly nice and varied selection of fish that were collected over last summer and fall for a shipment that was scheduled for December. I hate to not have new fish, but made the decision to cancel that shipment in November. Some of those fish were very unique varieties that are only found in certain regions in China. There were a few types that I've never had before, and I was very excited to bring them to my customers here in the USA..

Anyway, I will be moving forward with a new project in February, and need to blow out all the current fish and shut everything down. So, you'll see some of my best deals ever, with all fish starting below cost. If you've always wanted a Dandy Orandas fish, don't miss this opportunity. After this month, there will be no more auctions until further notice.

Thanks to everyone for your support over these many years.

Please continue to support me by buying the best food for your goldfish...Super Gold. Use the link at the top right for size options, including my Exclusive One Pound Bag, and Bulk Bonus sizes.

regards,
Ken
PS Coming soon....Goldfish Across America Tour!!!

https://www.dandyorandas.com/auction-list/

And today, he posted this update:

GOLDFISH ACROSS AMERICA TOUR!!!

Dandy Orandas has customers in every state of the USA. I know some quite well and consider many of you to be friends at this point. I've had an idea for nearly 20 years that it would be great to actually meet many of you in person someday. I've always had fish here though, so it's been nearly impossible to leave, even for a day. The decision to forego imports due to tariffs provides the freedom to finally make my idea happen.

I plan on doing a tour of the Southern Half of the USA, starting in late February. That will include stops at various locations to talk goldfish, with video interviews of people, their setups, their fish, etc.. I already have several interesting places and people lined up, but am inviting everyone out there to possibly be a part of the tour. There is still a lot of planning ...exact locations, timing, etc., but I hope to piece those details together in the upcoming weeks.

The pic below is a rough sketch of my tentative route. It is not exact, and there will likely be some deviation, but I don't plan on being in the north half of the USA at this time.

Anyway, if you would be interested in having me stop by your area, I'd love to see everyone I can during this tour. And, you don't have to be an old customer...I hope to meet lots of new people too! If interested and close to my route, please email me with some basic info....

1. Your location
2. A little about yourself and your fish hobby. How you got started, etc.
3. Quick description of your setup/s
4. If you'd be willing to be part of a quick video interview with your fish.
5. Any other thoughts you'd like to share, including points of interest in your area. Fish related places would be great, but I haven't traveled much, so would be interested in most any points of interest along the way.

Please send email to...

goldfishtour@dandyorandas.com

I hope to make this informative and interesting, as well as lots of fun! It will be hard to visit everyone, but I hope to see as many people as possible. It's going to be me and my three kids (rescue dogs) in an old RV for about three months. That alone should be interesting!

See you soon?

cheers,
Ken

initial_route_concept.jpg

Oh man... I live so far up north in Oregon.. I would love love to met Ken. I have admired him for years and never said hello :( 

8 hours ago, koko said:

Oh man... I live so far up north in Oregon.. I would love love to met Ken. I have admired him for years and never said hello :( 

Is there a ~ * ROAD TRIP * ~ in your future?  :D

17 hours ago, Acro said:

Is there a ~ * ROAD TRIP * ~ in your future?  :D

Maybe depends on other things like a trip to visit my 90 year old Grandpa :yikes Justine has never met them.