Kokos Goldfish Forum
adnan

Making granulated fish food into jelly food, question

Hi everyone! 
A week ago a friend of mine gave me a jar of quality granulated fish food. As I mentioned the food is granulated and it’s floating, designed for all types of fish. I personally am not a fan of floating fish food, especially regarding goldfish. So my question is can I make that granulated food into jelly food using hot water and gelatine, and mixing the consistency with a blender? 

i would.. but i'd also add some peas and bloodworms to it.. that is just something i would do :)

I made the gel food today. I made 2 types of gel food:

First one- approximately 50% quality granulated fish food plus 50% soft peas with the skin, 1 tablet multivitamin, gelatine and hot water.

Second one-  approximately 40% granulated fish food, 30% peas, 30% dried shrimps, 1 tablet multivitamins, gelatine and hot water. This one is prepared for my jumbo flowerhorn but I think no harm if I feed my goldfish with this gel food once of week. 

The good news is that all fish are enjoying the food, as well it doesn’t float on the surface, it is sinking immediately. 

19 minutes ago, adnan said:

First one- approximately 50% quality granulated fish food plus 50% soft peas with the skin, 1 tablet multivitamin, gelatine and hot water.

Second one-  approximately 40% granulated fish food, 30% peas, 30% dried shrimps, 1 tablet multivitamins, gelatine and hot water. This one is prepared for my jumbo flowerhorn but I think no harm if I feed my goldfish with this gel food once of week. 

The good news is that all fish are enjoying the food, as well it doesn’t float on the surface, it is sinking immediately. 

good work :)

Very nice work

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Today I made another gel food for all my aquarium inhabitants. 

The recipe is simple:

•  pure Spirulina powder 2 Oz, approximately 50gr ;
  •  dry Gammarus Srimps 1 Oz, approximately 25gr ;
  • 1 large tea cup/mug of boiled peas with the skin ;
  • 2 tea spoons red paprika powder ;
  • 1 tablet multivitamins ;
  • regular plain gelatine.

I blended all these ingredients with hot water (the quantity of the water must be 3 times more than the ingredients). 
    And the most important, all aquatic inhabitants (fish, snails, shrimps) love the food :thumbup2:......well, so far ;)

Edited by adnan

That looks like they would all love that mix :thumbs: