Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest craig

Feeding Goldies Eggs

Guest craig

i read somewhere that you can feed goldies eggs,does anyone know what part of the egg and how to prepare it for them.i am always on the lookout for new food to feed my fish.

Well, it's supposed to be hard boiled egg, and you feed the yolk, not the egg white. You can cut it in bite sized pieces, but be careful, it can polute the tank. Eggs are are messy food to feed, and I only feed it to fry in a mashed version, not to adult fish. I don't like it all that much - its too messy.... :)

Guest kratz99

Egg yolk is WAY messy!!! If you use it, watch your water parameters.

Let the hard boiled eggs cool. Throw away the yolk, or just eat it yourself :lol: . Just slice up the egg whites with a spoon or a fork then slightly rinse em with water. Then just drop them off in your tank. They're quite soft so your gf will be able to nibble on big chunks.

I would use the egg white as it is rich in protein.. oh, before I forget.. hard boiled egg with the yolk removed and slice the white into bite size that fit into the tiny mouth of the fishes..

yolk definitely will mess up the tank and cause the water to be cloudy and smelly put ur nose over the tank and take a deeeeep breath and u become -> :wacko::blink:

:P

but no harm feeding yolk though.. jus make sure the egg is thoroughly boiled..