Kokos Goldfish Forum
Endorite

Goldfish troubles... help pls😕

My sister has a gray goldfish and earlier today noticed that he is losing his color! His stomach/lower half is now white! We’ve never really had any issues with goldfish before so I don’t know what to do! He seems to be acting normal, but I’m used to the behaviors of my fish more then hers... any advise? 

Hi, welcome to kokos :)

goldfish changing colour is quite common, especially with greys and blacks Ive found :)

Without pictures it is very difficult to help, but any black pigmentation loss is totally normal.  Here is a picture of my own tank - all the little juveniles were black. Now you can see one who is orange and white and another who was black three days ago and is gradually turning orange 

F5F5CF17-22AC-4282-904D-02AB091789E7.thumb.jpeg.6874b8894c35d14e4a26c57295909432.jpeg

07E1D6BB-B105-4336-8F7D-C3ED6174C96D.thumb.jpeg.0c3ffd31c917136739620af87fb5acd1.jpeg

In the bottom picture all three of those juices used to be olive green/black. And the guy at the bottom right, the red and white? He used to have some black pigment on there too.  Melanophore loss is super common.

Thanks so much! I've never had a goldfish change color before so my sister and I were pretty worried. Now we're just excited to see what his coloring ends up as!☺️

• Like 1