Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
purple

Shrimp?

I know goldfish can't eat animal protein such as chicken, beef or pork.. but what about shrimp? Such as tiger shrimp, like the kind we eat?

And if so, has anyone had any experiences with feeding it, raw or cooked?

Hiya shrimp would be just fine! :)

You can buy the unsalted and non seasoned kind from you you local food store and just put the shrimp in a bowl of hot water and wait till it softens and not frozen anymore and cut or smoosh the shrimp into bite size pieces!! That should do them good! and like you said excellent source of protien :)

They also sell baby shrimp at you local fish store aswell.....They are pretty easy to find here and the only thing you need to do is soak them....Since there dried and are in a bottle..So that kind is not frozen. :)

Either way you choose. Its all good! B)

A good brand of baby shrimp that you can find in you lf's is Tetra Baby Shrimp Sun dried treat

Thanks a lot for your response, ali.. I figured it'd be okay.

Have you tried feeding it to your fish?

Oh they get it every other day :lol

They love it!!! and it also encourages wen developmet in orandas and ranchus/lionhead...and brings out there color :D

They get shrimp from the grocery store on monday and wensday. And they get the tetra version on friday and sunday! :)

Have fun...I know your goldies will!! :panana

yep, theyre good alright! you could even try to make a little game out of it and plop a few ghost shrimp in there. my comet loooves 'em!

if you wanted to get a little crazy, try feeding them small (live) crickets from a pet shop! again, all of my goldies looove them too!

paul

Fed shrimp before. They really liked it. You just have to slice em up real good though first because gf's can't bite... :lol: