Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Sign in to follow this  
fi5hkiller

Any Singaporean ?

37 posts in this topic

Hi, any Singaporean here where we can share information or anyone interested to know anything about Singapore?

Guest Kinguio

Hi,

I am from Brazil. I belive that you have a lot of golfishes in Sigapor?

Did not you?

What city do you live?

hmm, Singapore is not that big to have different city.. but basically we are divided into the North South East West Region and even our MRT (MTR in Lodon) is taking that as our standard region classification.. Well, I live in the East..

indeed, there are many goldfish keeper in Singapore.. and sadly many seller are not good in keeping the goldfish well.. those seller who keep goldfish well usually charge high for their fishes.. anyway, their fishes are really high in quality.. but I can't afford to pay 500 - 1000 jus for a goldfish..

ya, there are a lot of teo chew people around.. I have numerous friend who are teo chew too.. but hardly hear them speaking teo chew except when they are at home with their own family. :) mostly speak mandarin or english..

I can speak several language..

English and Mandarin, Hokkien, Cantonese, Hainanese, Teo Chew, a bit of Malay..

Or are you talking about the Singlish?? Where all the Lah Mah Loh Leh is used?? :lol:

ok loh, what you want to hear?? it is very easy to master.. :P

there are several shows from Singapore.. The one by Jack Neo?

Guest KaiSuki

Hey Hey~ I am from Singapore too~ but currently studying in Aussie lands...

Keeping goldfish as company .... hoping to find some way of shipping them back before I graduate...they are my "family" here....

Hey fi5hkiller... got any suggestions??

U guys are talking about SINGLISH... the local language ending with lars and lors...missing Singapore food terribly.... :P

Hi there, which part of Aussie are you studying in?? When are you graduating??

Frankly Speaking, I dun have any experience in shipping fishes...

As the import of live animals is subject to import control by the Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority of Singapore, you would need to check with them on their requirements at http://www.ava.gov.sg.

next you also need to find out more on how to package your fishes for the transition.. Some people here have done it and probably you would want to check out their dicussion on packaging fishes..

Guest KaiSuki

Hey~ that's fast .... hee hee

I am currently in Melbourne.... Victoria state....how about u? Which part of Singapore are u in?

Currently looking into www.jetpets.com.au to see what they can do about my fishes....

I have a total of 6 .... Cheeky-kiss (red-cap), GogGLes (Black moor), Ke-Ai (means cute in chinese , a bronzey black moor), Be-Bi (pearlscale), SiMi (My housemate's fantail) and one newly rescue gf in my q-tank (I suspect it is a stunted-growth red-cap) that I have yet to name....he/she has a really bad tore-up fin....

I've heard that some serious hobbist there buy their goldfish and lets a breeder take care of it? Is it true?

Guest KaiSuki

where are u talking about? Singapore or Melbourne???

Not too sure about Singapore... :huh:

But in Melbourne, while I am away, I have some professional caretakers (an elderly couple who set up a place to look after all types of pets...l) to look after my fishes... they took very good care of my fishes as they love all types of animals... it's about 10 dollars a week for all my gfs... :D

Going back to S'pore for the sch break so leaving my gfs in good hands :)

Guest subzero

:D HI!! I'm subzero. I'm 100% singaporean living at the west side..You're singaporean?

I'm very new into this website as well as keeping goldfish being my latest hobby apart from my pS2.. :rolleyes:

So far so good having my goldfish alive.. religiously cleaning and feeding them i guess.. haha!! :rofl

ok dokey that's all for now.. :yeah:

Guest kamitoki

RanchuKing is from singapore, but Ive only seen him post in diseases.

Guest Buffalohead

Hi Lions, yeah I wonder what happen to Ranchuking and his collections of Ranchus. I love Ranchus and Lionheads. By the way Subzero, I'm planning a Holiday in Singapore/Malaysia sometimes in Oct/Nov, do you know of any place that they sell Ehiem Professional II canister filter? Here Price around A$550..too exp. :cry1

Cheers mate

hey, tis a singaporean gathering... :lol:

hi all!! :rolleyes:

i didnt know there were so many s'poreans here too!

i'm from jurong (west of s'pore if your not from here)

ranchu lover... look at my 2 fav pets in my signature...

Hi Lions, yeah I wonder what happen to Ranchuking and his collections of Ranchus. I love Ranchus and Lionheads. By the way Subzero, I'm planning a Holiday in Singapore/Malaysia sometimes in Oct/Nov, do you know of any place that they sell Ehiem Professional II canister filter? Here Price around A$550..too exp. :cry1

Cheers mate

there are quite a number of aquarium that carry that range of filters..

gosh, to think I am complaining about $200 -$300 for a filter when it is $500 in other countries.. oh, $200 -$300 is in Sg dollars...

if you need help, I can place an order for you from the shop I usually visit..

Guest subzero

YO! BUFFALOHEAD!!hey mate!! thanks for the quick note... You're always welcome to my humble ROAR city.. :yeah: Found out that that thingy costs SGD$260.00 here which is... hmmm A$.... well you figure out that one ey!!

Let me know if you need more info while you're at here and the places you wanna get for your GOLDIES!! :)

Till then... happy holidays!!

Cheers!! B)

subzero......

Guest talizer

hi... not sure if im a little late to join this chain of conversation.. anyway im from singapore.. been having problems with my fish lately. maybe wil seek advise from you guys next time... can??? no probm hor??

(its nice to be able to use singlish here) ;)