Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Goldfishbeginner

I built a stand! Arent I so great? Lol. Jk.

Behold! This is my 125 gal pretty much ready to go.  I've built the stand out of wood..  (thanks Joey from diyfishkeepers for the info).   

Also, have done a reseal job on this old 125 gallon tank.  (Again gotta thank Joey for instructions)  I think the tank was purchased in 2003 based on the tag, hence why I decided to reseal.  

Well. There it is!  I'm planning on putting some goldfish in there and wanted to show off. :D

also, hooked up a utility sink.  This is good because of not having to deal with any more fish poop in the bathroom..   

20190723_140829.jpg

20190723_140825.jpg

20190723_141531.jpg

Edited by Goldfishbeginner

Wow!  Nice looking job, looking real solid.  And...I think there should be a utility sink beside every fish tank!

1 minute ago, Goldfishbeginner said:

Haven't filled it with water yet.  Wish me luck.  

Good luck!

Are you planning on skinning the stand?

Actually yes.  I wanted to use 1/4" plywood to cover it and also go with a nice stain and polyurethane final coat.  I even bought some nice cabinet hardware and handles.  

But, I didn't get that far in the construction process and just want to give it a fill test.    

Its sorta funny, my dad came over today.  Hes 69 year old man and he helped me lift the tank onto the stand.  He barely did it but, we got it done.  He ended up with a nice blood blister on his finger tho. Lol.  He'll be fine.  I'm just glad I didn't have to attempt it myself.    Love my dad.  Hes the best. 

I had also wanted to inlay a 1/4 plywood bottom into the stand and make it like a waterproof tub but, again didn't get to that.   It's a minor detail but hopefully I'll do it later.   If not, no biggie.  

Edited by Goldfishbeginner

That was so kind of your Dad. :hug Dad's are the best :)

You tank and that stand are awesome. Come over sometime and build me one :teehee

Thats my dream fish tank room :) 

Do you have fish your going to put in there and what kind? 

The stand and tank look awesome

Thanks!

Well, I still just have my 3 single tails.  I know if would be sorta more cool to get some fancy goldfish but I've been wanting to move thise guys out of their 72 gallon for awhile. 

They've been my pets for 4 years now.  They're still in great shape.  Only the female yellow fish has shown any signs of stunting.   I know I should have done a pond but the costs and time requirements of such a project are still a ways away..   

All and all it's still a pretty substantial upgrade for the time being.   Maybe I'll be able to get my current fish into something else later on so I can get fancy goldfish.

But it's like any other pet you have for a long time and you just want to keep them too.

I totally understand. If I could find the time and money I would build. A pond too. I have had my 2 goldfish for about 5 years now and growing there babies so my little one can watch them grow up.

22 hours ago, koko said:

I totally understand. If I could find the time and money I would build. A pond too. I have had my 2 goldfish for about 5 years now and growing there babies so my little one can watch them grow up.

It hasnt been 5 years has it? Since you got goldfish and zac? :o

2 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

It hasnt been 5 years has it? Since you got goldfish and zac? :o

You might be on to something, I think it's 4 years. I got them after my mom passed so that is 4 years this October.

On 7/23/2019 at 2:47 PM, Goldfishbeginner said:

Actually yes.  I wanted to use 1/4" plywood to cover it and also go with a nice stain and polyurethane final coat.  I even bought some nice cabinet hardware and handles.  

But, I didn't get that far in the construction process and just want to give it a fill test.    

My husband DIYed my stand and faced it with nice oak veneered plywood, it looks fantastic.  Yours turned out great too and I can’t wait see it when finished with some ply and poly :)

I wish I had someone to build me a big tank stand like that! I’m obviously not an adult if you look at my profile and I’m the child of a single mom (she does a great job, too!). She’s not exactly the handy type, and I really don’t have room for that kind of thing either. But your place looks great! I have a common goldfish too, he’s getting moved into a 20 gallon tank soon. Good luck to you!

On 9/3/2019 at 10:45 AM, goldfishnewbie said:

I wish I had someone to build me a big tank stand like that! I’m obviously not an adult if you look at my profile and I’m the child of a single mom (she does a great job, too!). She’s not exactly the handy type, and I really don’t have room for that kind of thing either. But your place looks great! I have a common goldfish too, he’s getting moved into a 20 gallon tank soon. Good luck to you!

Me too. My hubby is not very handy in that way :rofl