Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JessicaandMarshall

I Have Kept A Goldfish Alive For One Whole Year

A year ago today, we were in the petshop to pick out a new fish, and home came Shy Starlight the Lionhead. He was less than an inch (maybe half inch), and cost $14.99!!!! Back then, I thought all goldfish were like $4.99 haahaa.

He has grown, he is a huge egg shaped fish now, that is sprouting a wen :D

I had 2 fish before him, that I managed to keep alive, for just under a year, and just over a year, before they died. Those were my "first fish".

Then I learned all I could here, and so far it's paid off :lol I've successfully kept the first fish I've bought since I found Koko's alive for a year!!! *knocks on wood*.

I'll have to dig up some before photos of shy starlight. I don't have any pictures of what he looked like when we first got him, but I have some from about September that we can compare to "now" with.

I'll post those tomorrow.

Jessica

oh, i see. you just get me all hot and bothered and............and nothing! aaaarrrgh! the suspense is killing me! :rofl

im just jokin', you know how excited i get about your fish, jess. ;)

(That's pretty excited toothless. :unsure: ) lol

Congrats Jessica! Hopefully you will have many more years with him. This site definately helps them live longer.

I will post the pictures tonight, I have to find some before pics, they are on a disc.

LovelyGoldfish, no, Whitie was my second fish that I bought after finding Koko's. I've only had Whitie since June 21st.

congratulations Jessica! I'm sure you'll have that fish for years to come! I too can't wait to see your pics...I really wanna see how much bigger your fish got!

Keekee

Jess I'm excited to see your pictures :)

Lovely, no Ping is about 5" or so. I tried to get a picture of him, just for you, but he is terrified of me. He would not hold still. I got his head in a picture though LOL!

Anyway here is Shy Starlight, about 4-5 months AFTER I got him. He was about 1/2" when I got him.

post-9-1082945088.jpg

:rolleyes: Shy Starlight....ahhhhhhhh it's adorable!!! Look at those little eyes! Nice lionhead Jessica! :D I've heard all about you and the " white" fish you collect,even before I became a member-lol I think I saw them,but just in case show us again!!! :D

Guest DigitalAirman

Kristi-

Shy Starlight is a Lionhead.

Parker

Guest monty

Yes - he is a beautiful fish!! A couple of questions:

• Did you feed him anything special for the head development?
  • What esle did you feed him?
  • What is the actual difference (technically) between a lionhead and a Ranchu?

Great job!! My wife and I ware still qworking on keeping our first one alive! We had a bad blast of ick, in an over populated tank, and I lost all of them!! Now I have fully cycled tank (still a little high in NITRITES, but NH3/NH4 is down to 0, and NITRATES is up, so the bacteria are working on the NITRITES). We have a single Red/White Oranda "Pippin" in there. I think I will try to get some pictures up as well! CONGRATS!! KOKO'S site rocks!! I hope being here has the same results for us as it has for you and your lucky fish!!

Soooooooo cuteeeee! I love the way it's head went all round and puffy!!! :) Wow makes me want a lionhead/ranchu too (what's the difference can someone explain?). I have to watch myself there though, all these cute pics are tempting me to the pet store every weekend arghh! :druel

Well done in keeping the fishie well and happy JessicaandMarshall! Thanks for sharing the pics too :D

Congratulations, Jessica. Shy Starlight looks just great, and I hope you share many more years together :)

Very cute pics! Adorable fish you have there. If my fishies can go for a few more mothes, I will have had them for a year. Let's hope ore monthes than a year. I'm hoping. Your fishie looks like a nemo fish.

Guest Hillstream Approach

What a cute little fish. you will have to give us all an update this time next year.