Kokos Goldfish Forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks like a cool tank. What kind of cup is that?

That looks like a cool tank. What kind of cup is that?

It’s just a black mug from the kitchen Thank you! It’s a definite WIP. I have a lot of stuff coming in the mail this week for it. Lots of plants, a sponge filter to go on the air stone and a prefilter sponge for the hob. Also black gravel to put in so I can plant my new stuff. I’m very excited to hopefully get it growing!

Okay I just worry about painted stuff in tanks. Some of that depending on the paint used can harm fish.

Okay I just worry about painted stuff in tanks. Some of that depending on the paint used can harm fish.

I didn’t even think of that. Should I remove it? Or do you think it’s alright because it’s foodsafe?

Rescaped my 10 today! I picked up 5 longfin zebra danios at the 5/5$ sale at petco. I really wanted to get a big tank but i resisted :wacko:. I had my niece and older sister with me so I hurried home with them. I also got a driftwood with anubias. I tied my current anubias to it also, after cutting it into two pieces. I added my black gravel today too! In addition, my banana plant and dwarf lily bulb came in yesterday. There are a ton of tiny sprouts on the lily so I'm looking forward to seeing them grow! I also chucked the floating plants; I know that they are beneficial for fry but they simply don't match the look I'm going for right now. It looks much better! I have three vallisnerias, a rubin sword and a regular sword coming in the mail too! Can't wait for everything to fill in. 

226cbe3f1f26217aad1d5ad94acfc19a.jpg
Before

452e67a888c56aa97ca589989d53efcb.jpg
After!
Of course it’ll look better when I can release the babies from their net; they are really plumping up. Maybe in a week or two I can let them out! The danios are super active and they’re really livening up the tank, which was the goal!

• Like 1

On 7/8/2019 at 11:27 AM, Morgan'sMiracles said:

I didn’t even think of that. Should I remove it? Or do you think it’s alright because it’s foodsafe?

I really don't know. 😯some are okay others not. It's mostly that glaze they put on there. Just a FYI for ya

I really don't know. some are okay others not. It's mostly that glaze they put on there. Just a FYI for ya

I took it out in the rescape

• Like 1

I lost one of my swordtails today. My least problematic, the smaller female Sable, died in the last two hours. She was a little sulky before my water change but it was a huge surprise to see her dead! There were no obvious signs to show why she died. Water temp was matched, prime was used, filter and heater are running. But I finished a 40% wc at 8:10 and now it’s 9:56 and I just flushed her body. No clue what happened! I hope it’s not the start of a mass die off . My zebras weren’t qt’d when I got them so it’s possible they brought something to the tank, but they seem healthy as an ox.

Fingers crossed the others survive. No one seems unhappy or ill in the least. Smitty got sucked a little into the vacuum but just the siphon and not the tubing. If he had died I wouldn’t have been shocked. But he seems fine too!

Aw sorry you lost one!

• Like 1

I'm sorry😞 females can sometimes die after birth. It's stressful on them.

• Like 1

I'm sorry females can sometimes die after birth. It's stressful on them.

Thanks Koko and Mandy! The weird thing is that this one didn’t even have babies, the other one did!

On 7/15/2019 at 12:27 PM, Morgan'sMiracles said:

Thanks Koko and Mandy! The weird thing is that this one didn’t even have babies, the other one did!

I wonder if it was just stressed out..