Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fishmish

Howdy

Hi There,

Just came by to support Koko's forum and enter the ECR raffle.  Koko's has been around for ever and is a great resource.  I moderate over on reddit.com/r/goldfish and spend most of my time on the facebook goldfish council chat.  I am slowly backing away from social media presence because I am sick of it.  Most of my fish  adventures are documented on my instagram page.  happyluckyfishclub.  That started as a side hustle importing bettas but I really hated trying to make a business out of my hobby so I stopped.

I am in this hobby for the fish, I really like the rare varieties and want to keep them around for posterity.  I breed azuma nishiki, tosakin, veil tails, oranda, blue egg phoenix and guppies.  I keep some other varieties around as pets.  I'll poke around the forums for a bit and see whats what.  I love this hobby and for some reason the goldfish just can't get the respect they deserve.  Cheers.

• Like 3

Hello and welcome!  I never ventured much into the social media side of the hobby, I like doing my research and picking through old topics in forums and picking up valuable pointers here and there.  So for me, social media is not as useful to me.  My brick and mortar fish store has a presence there, but they are a business and the exposure is good.  I will a point in checking out your Instagram page.

I hope you continue to have much enjoyment in our goldfish hobby, I have seen too many of my fish buddies leave over the past several years.

Haha, had a good laugh at some of your Instagram posts, I need to spend more time there...

Why thank you. It's been a long road but we try keep it going. For me it's the love of the fish and meeting new people that have the same passion. :welcome

Welcome to the group!  I totally understand having issues crossing hobby and business, sometimes you just have to keep keep it recreational for your sanity 😁

Welcome!

I find the social media “forums” extremely difficult to navigate. It’s hard to search for previous discussions or past information. To me it’s very short-sighted and just feeds into this unhealthy “instant” social construct. I’d rather take the time to read and research in a way that makes more sense. Kokos is a great resource and there’s a lot of great information that spans years and years that’s easier to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hey welcome!

I used to do "the book of faces", but completely quit many years ago.  I haven't touched any of the others either.  

I prefer forums and this is the best goldfish one around.  There's just a ton of great info and nice members.

Glad you are working on what's important, with your knowledge, I think you'll like it here!

Enjoy!