Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
koko

We got Fry!

They are looking so good!!

One week old ones. Pond fish are doing great. I did a water change on it yesterday, and within 15 minutes we had a thunderstorm that dump a whole bunch of water in the pond. So I guess they got a good water change lol.

Any who here they are

0811191003g.jpg

0811191002a.jpg

0811191001g.jpg

0811191001c.jpg

0811191000a.jpg

0811190959.jpg

0811190957a.jpg

You’re up to your ears in fry!  

So cute!

3 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

You’re up to your ears in fry!  

And green water. Everyone has green water. It's just to funny to me.

I'm thinking of getting some duckweed for the pond. That might help😁

My fry loved the greenwater

3 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

My fry loved the greenwater

They are loving it. I also got them some duckweed. The first about 10 mins they where looking at it like "what is that Mom?" Then they started to peck at it. :lol

I think they have the idea. When I looked before bed most of them where hiding under it and then you can see little smack bubbles coming out from under it duckweed. :) 

When do they start to develop colour, or will they stay grey?

When do they start to develop colour, or will they stay grey?

They should start to change soon, don't know when really. The interesting part is mommy is a Moor so I'm assuming that most will be black.
I have noticed a lot of single tailed fish. Some have double but a good majority of them are single. I don't have any Ranchus lol but I had a feeling that would happen.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Only one of my current juvies have changed color - and they were born in April or the beginning of May if I recall. It’s highly dependent on genetics, but anywhere from 3-9 months seems normal for retaining  fry color.

On 8/15/2019 at 9:17 AM, Arctic Mama said:

Only one of my current juvies have changed color - and they were born in April or the beginning of May if I recall. It’s highly dependent on genetics, but anywhere from 3-9 months seems normal for retaining  fry color.

These guys where born is May. The only color I see so far is two have copper color near there tail fins. Other than that, they are still green gray looking.

Okay some updates......

Half of the fry went out in the pond. This half is awaiting a kiddy swimming pool.

0829191006a.jpg

0829191006.jpg

0829191004m.jpg

0829191003m.jpg

0829191003f.jpg

0829191003c.jpg

0829191003b.jpg

0829191003.jpg

0829191001d.jpg

0829191000a.jpg

They’re getting so big!  Aaaawe! How old are they now?

18 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

They’re getting so big!  Aaaawe! How old are they now?

In about a week they will be a month old 👍

Okay guys. I have taken all but 5 of them to the LFS. It was starting to freeze here and my kiddy pool was/going to freeze over soon since its not that deep at all. :(

So here are some shots of them :)

1001191015k.jpg

1001191015a.jpg

1001191015i.jpg

1001191015c.jpg

1001191015f.jpg

1001191015g.jpg

1001191015d.jpg

They look so great!  Really turned into pretty chubbers.  Moving them to the fish store was a good idea, but man I always worry horrible people will buy them and mistreat them.  Poor goldfish are probably the most abused pet of any type of animal.  I keep hoping the internet and places like Kokos or the Solid Gold channel are slowly turning the tide toward proper care and keeping of such lovely animals though.

3 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

They look so great!  Really turned into pretty chubbers.  Moving them to the fish store was a good idea, but man I always worry horrible people will buy them and mistreat them.  Poor goldfish are probably the most abused pet of any type of animal.  I keep hoping the internet and places like Kokos or the Solid Gold channel are slowly turning the tide toward proper care and keeping of such lovely animals though.

I agree I was kinda sadden to get rid of them, but I just didn't have to heart to let them possibly freeze out there. I was just going to keep the 12 biggies but I had to have another batch of them and just didn't have anymore room.

I did keep 3 that had really nice tails and 1 I know that has color in is tail fin. The other one was a single tail fish. So I think 5 of them in the 70 should be okay for the winter. We shall see what they look like in about 6 months :teehee 

Oh and I feed them a lot :rofl 

Sounds good!  I can’t wait to see them. So you think they’ll overwinter just fine?  I’ve never tried it with babies in a pond, how does that work?

24 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

Sounds good!  I can’t wait to see them. So you think they’ll overwinter just fine?  I’ve never tried it with babies in a pond, how does that work?

I don't know, This is the first for me too. They have two sponge filters running in there. About 4 plants in there too. 

I tried to feed them yesterday and they didn't touch the food. So we will see. :yikes

They look so good Koko! I hope my little lenny catches up to them in size soon

24 minutes ago, koko said:

I don't know, This is the first for me too. They have two sponge filters running in there. About 4 plants in there too. 

I tried to feed them yesterday and they didn't touch the food. So we will see. :yikes

I wonder if it’s just the low temperature?  What’s it running in your area right now?  I thought they didn’t eat much below 50 but Sharon or Mandy would know better than me :)

I wonder if it’s just the low temperature?  What’s it running in your area right now?  I thought they didn’t eat much below 50 but Sharon or Mandy would know better than me
I think it is. I stopped feeding the pond fry. The inside fish get one feeding a day.
It's been about 60f in the day and at night about 30-40f.
So I'm thinking it's just to cold now for them.... Going into hibernation

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk