Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
koko

We got Fry!

14 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

They've grown so much!

They sure have. I feed them 3 times a day. I have 12 of them. So out into the almost filled 70 gallon pond.

I’m glad you got them into a bigger space!  I keep wanting to move mine into the main tank but it’s just so deep I don’t want to make them have to compete for food with the bigger fish or the depth and currents.  We are almost there though, I think when they’re at 2-ish inches of body length I’ll switch over.

They look so much better, Koko!  Nice and rounded :)

3 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

I’m glad you got them into a bigger space!  I keep wanting to move mine into the main tank but it’s just so deep I don’t want to make them have to compete for food with the bigger fish or the depth and currents.  We are almost there though, I think when they’re at 2-ish inches of body length I’ll switch over.

They look so much better, Koko!  Nice and rounded :)

They didn't make in there yet as the pond had a leak. TD fixed it but I had to let the pond cycle again 😳. So I think they will go today. 

They are smart enough now, that when I come next to the tank, they all come right for me. They are now eating frozen and crushed pellets. 

Well 3 times is a charm. We had to move it cause it didn't get any sun. I wanted some sun on it.

0729191640_HDR.jpg

0729191640.jpg

0729191640a.jpg

0729191640b.jpg

• Like 1

Also TD change there water yesterday after I had wiped the glass and cleaned the filter cause I we into green water. They decided that it was good enough to breed. Now this is my new clean tank 😀

0729191638a.jpg

0729191638b.jpg

0729191638c.jpg

0729191639a.jpg

Well the fry are doing great in there pond. :)

I save the eggs that Zac and Goldfish just laid and we have more Fry :rofl

I think Im driving TD nuts :rofl 

I think my main tank lost cycle cause we did another water change of 60% and now the tank is cloudy as can be. I have a low KH and the ph will drop. I have crushed coral and a cuttle bone in there and I think I just changed to much water. They where gasping all afternoon after I did that. This morning they are okay. I tell ya I was almost panicking last night :(

Aw glad they are all ok now Koko!  

4 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

Aw glad they are all ok now Koko!  

They are doing great. Justine is now trying to take care of them. She is feeding them 😀

The adults are doing better now. 😁

• Like 1

Okay main tank still cloudy. 

Am is .25

Nitrites 0

Nitrates 0 a lot of water changes.

Oh 7.4 tank and tap 7.0

Just can't figure it out 😔

On other news the second batch has hatched. 

0804190844.jpg

0804190844a.jpg

0804190845.jpg

That cloudiness shouldn’t hurt anything.  Is there a mature filter in?  Sometimes fry food breaks down faster than they can consume it and the bacteria makes the water cloud up. How soon after you change the water does it become cloudy?  Does it become cloudy with zero feeds given?

3 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

That cloudiness shouldn’t hurt anything.  Is there a mature filter in?  Sometimes fry food breaks down faster than they can consume it and the bacteria makes the water cloud up. How soon after you change the water does it become cloudy?  Does it become cloudy with zero feeds given?

Its kokos main tank, with the adults,  that shes having trouble with :)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, FishyMandy said:

Its kokos main tank, with the adults,  that shes having trouble with :)

Your right. Not worried about the fry. Just the main tank.

Speaking of which, it's green again plus cloudy😳

How long has it been cloudy for now? Does it stay cloudy and green if you keep the lights off for a week?

1 hour ago, Arctic Mama said:

How long has it been cloudy for now? Does it stay cloudy and green if you keep the lights off for a week?

For about a week. Funny you mentioned that, TD and I just said maybe we should turn them off for a while lol.

So they are off. I'm thinking I'm have a bloom as its been getting really hot in the house 85f and at night about 65f. So I think the temp is making it go nuts. It all started after I wiped all the green algae off the all as and floor of the tank. 

• Like 1

Can I just pop in and say it was like magic seeing how the fry grew after you introduced brine shrimp! That's amazing! How big are the ones in the pond now?

• Like 1

Oh yeah you may have thrown off the balance of microorganisms in there a bit with the algae cleaning, for sure.  I’d try darkness and see if you can’t get the free floaties to go away.

Can I just pop in and say it was like magic seeing how the fry grew after you introduced brine shrimp! That's amazing! How big are the ones in the pond now?
I'll try and get a photo for you. They are getting used to crushed pellets now. Feeding then 4 to 5 a day.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Oh and pop in anytime lol

• Like 1

Oh yeah you may have thrown off the balance of microorganisms in there a bit with the algae cleaning, for sure.  I’d try darkness and see if you can’t get the free floaties to go away.
I was thinking the same thing. It's been getting up yo 100f the last 5 days.

Pond fish

0806190912d.jpg

0806190912c.jpg

0806190912b.jpg

• Like 1

They look like real, genuine big fish now 😆🥳

• Haha 1

More photos

0806190933e.jpg

0806190933c.jpg

0806190933b.jpg

0806190933.jpg

0806190912d.jpg

So much bigger! Wow they are so cute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So much bigger! Wow they are so cute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes they sure are. Also they have recognized my voice and only come up for me lol