Kokos Goldfish Forum

On 5/14/2019 at 3:11 PM, Megan33 said:

I see this raffle of the best aquariums and I'm sooo jealous. How do I join?

are you talking about the Kokos ECR raffle at the top of this site? 

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 7:29 AM, Megan33 said:

Image1836859269.jpg

Lovely Tank!!!  

Good Luck with the Cycle!

On 5/19/2019 at 4:30 PM, Acro said:

Lovely Tank!!!  

Good Luck with the Cycle!

I agree the only thing that worries me is the internal filter in the long run :( 

Koko, can you please elaborate on this? I have read abit about internal and hang on filters. 

On 5/21/2019 at 2:45 AM, Megan33 said:

Koko, can you please elaborate on this? I have read abit about internal and hang on filters. 

Internal filters can build up so much gunk that it will have stagnate water in the tank. Same problem with Under-gravel filters. 

We suggest HOB or canisters with them. Or you can have a HOB with a sponge filter, I had that for a long time :) 

I'm about to cycle a tank. I have my fish in an outdoor pond right now, but want the tank for quarantine. Considered a fishless cycle but think I will put a couple minnows in the tank and seed it with a sponge from the pond. 

Your tank is beautiful! Love those hanging flowerpots!

• Like 1

Thank you!! 

On 5/30/2019 at 5:09 AM, Megan33 said:

Thank you!! 

I think you could disconnect the internal filter in that tank and might be able to put an HOB on there... :) 

It is a nice looking tank!  I do like the idea of an HOB replacing the internal filter.  You could probably insert more media with a good sized HOB and it will likely be easier to service it too.  Is your internal filter removable?  if it is you would have gained more swimming space.

I cannot tell from your picture, but does your tank come with a dark background?  Perhaps an HOB can be mounted on that side if there is one, and the only thing you would really notice is an intake tube and perhaps the outflow of the HOB filter.

• Like 1

Thanks.

The filter isn't removable, so not really that good when it comes to cleaning around it. I agree that they would have more room to swim.

The background, I did myself using poster glue and juwel backgrounds. It was a complete nightmare and took me 3 days. I just constantly moaned that I should of just painted it!!

So as much as I like your idea, I won't be adding a filter but upgrading the tank itself. Ever since I got it, I knew I should of gone for a tank long.

19 minutes ago, Megan33 said:

Thanks.

The filter isn't removable, so not really that good when it comes to cleaning around it. I agree that they would have more room to swim.

The background, I did myself using poster glue and juwel backgrounds. It was a complete nightmare and took me 3 days. I just constantly moaned that I should of just painted it!!

So as much as I like your idea, I won't be adding a filter but upgrading the tank itself. Ever since I got it, I knew I should of gone for a tank long.

Completely new tank?  Oh no, after all the work you have put into this one?  If it is all about the goldfish, that is understandable.  The internal filter and tank would probably be excellent for smaller tropical fish that would not be as messy as our little piggies.

If you are looking at a new tank, it would still be workable to get the HOB filter now and have it running in your Juwel tank and it will be fully cycled and easily transferred over to your new tank.  I always buy more filter than I need for a current tank, giving me the option of if I do upgrade the tank, the filter just gets transferred to the new tank with no issues and worrying about maintaining the bio cycle.

• Like 1

Yes,I will still keep this tank for smaller fish. I will have to start looking into the hob filters and I will run it on this tank for awhile. Thanks good tip!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Photo of the week winner!

Pic of the week poll #20