Kokos Goldfish Forum

It’s cool when they’re in that transparent stage and you can actually see the swim bladder!

My juvies are about half color changed now.  I’ve been feeding them lightly lately and need to step it back up, but ran out of bloodworms and can’t get more until the next paycheck 😳

Yea I love the transparent stage!

Here's some new Photos of Lenny, he is 4 weeks old today

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

• Like 1

And here's some of the younger fry, about 2.5 weeks old. Thinking I might have some 'chus in this lot

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

Aaaawe the little niblets!  They’re growing great!

All the fry Ive grown before have ended up really behind and stayed really small, so im trying really hard to keep up with lots of wcs and tons of feedings on these guys to get better growth 

Just checking in and saying hi!  Nothing new here to report, stupidly busy as always.  Oh, and still nauseous.  Yay pregnancy!😓

Sorry about the nausea taryl!

My pondies have been busy again

20190929_154855.jpg

20190929_154900.jpg

20190929_154905.jpg

20190929_154939.jpg

Hornwort - the Egg Catcher ™️ 

Its a great egg catcher lol, so is the hair algae. 

Here is Lenny today. 5 weeks old. I'm not sure if he should be bigger by now but I'm feeding tons and doing tons of water changes 20191002_202541.thumb.jpg.c9cd553ee5285d11691b6accb3d6ab39.jpg

20191002_202544.jpg

20191002_202548.jpg

20191002_202552.jpg

• Like 2

He’s really growing!  Way to go Lenny!

I moved Lenny to a 5g today. I hope continues growing at a good rate!

Today was a waterchange day, Seven water changes all up! The Two fry tanks (Lenny and the younger ones), The Main Tank, Bedroom Tank, Tropical Tank and Both Ponds.

Small pond is still full of eggs!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

I moved Lenny to a 5g today. I hope continues growing at a good rate!

Today was a waterchange day, Seven water changes all up! The Two fry tanks (Lenny and the younger ones), The Main Tank, Bedroom Tank, Tropical Tank and Both Ponds.

Small pond is still full of eggs!

He's getting big :thumbs:

and :lol on the Pond. My fish have backed off doing that since its only about 60F in the daytime :lol 

• Like 1

The guys in the big pond and my tanks haven't spawned, except for the one lot in the bedroom tank that Lenny came from. But the guys in the small pond...sheesh they haven't stopped!

Okay I need to vent.

I am singing in the church choir for the Christmas cantata with my two oldest girls.  Because we didn’t have any, and my voice isn’t as high as it used to be, I offered to sing second soprano.

Okay fine.  Some of the parts are tricky and my ear isn’t used to picking out harmonies between the chords.  Fine.

But choir director who shall remain unnamed - do NOT promise to send audio files during the week of each section’s part and then NOT DO IT.  I just sat down for two hours trying to pick out this part in a funky key on the piano because you didn’t keep your word.  COME ON.  Help me out, dude.  Sheesh.  This is supposed to be fun and instead I’m a ball of stress.

I think it is safe to say that Bruce had a part in fathering the pond fry :rofl

FB_IMG_1570617802732.jpg

FB_IMG_1570617806177.jpg

They cutest little ugly ducklings!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Bruce Jr., or Sharky as I found myself calling him, will become a keeper I think lol

• Like 1

My 15g fry tank cracked today, all along the bottom. Thankfully it didn't go right through so it didn't leak. Don't know how it happened, it wasn't like that when I left for work this morning, got home to do their WC and saw the huge crack. I had a spare 15g so I set that up for them

• Like 1

Oh gosh. That's scary. Glad you found out just in time!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

My 15g fry tank cracked today, all along the bottom. Thankfully it didn't go right through so it didn't leak. Don't know how it happened, it wasn't like that when I left for work this morning, got home to do their WC and saw the huge crack. I had a spare 15g so I set that up for them

Yikes!  That was a close call!

On 10/10/2019 at 8:01 AM, FishyMandy said:

Bruce Jr., or Sharky as I found myself calling him, will become a keeper I think lol

Aaaawe, Sharky!  That’s cute :)

Yea,was a relief that I found it in time!

Update on my fry

Lenny will be 8 weeks on Wednesday, He is about an inch long now, or just over.

The others are 6 weeks old, and slowly starting to catch up. I have 16 left. I'm feeding them about 3-5 times a day, mostly frozen foods now. Doing waterchanges every day. I want to make sure they are growing at a good pace and at the size they should be for their age so I'm willing to hear any advice, all the fry I've raised previously have stayed really small so I want these guys to get to a good size :) I'll probably set up a couple of tubs outside soon for the non keepers and move the keepers (four of them) to the 15g tank.
Right now 13 of them are in the 15g and 4 of them are in the 5g. Both tanks have cycled sponge filters.

Here are some pictures

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

IMG_0684.jpg