Kokos Goldfish Forum

20 hours ago, koko said:

How did it go?

You guys ever see Nachos so big before?

0826191909a.jpg

0826191909.jpg

No, those are literally, actually enormous.

Good OB news - one baby, measuring on dates, where it was supposed to be 🥰. I’m having weird pelvic pain but it isn’t a miscarriage or ectopic, which was the concern.  Baby looks great.

14 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

No, those are literally, actually enormous.

Good OB news - one baby, measuring on dates, where it was supposed to be 🥰. I’m having weird pelvic pain but it isn’t a miscarriage or ectopic, which was the concern.  Baby looks great.

Yeah I agree but darn tasty, we shared them lol. That was our parents club meeting.

Great news on the baby. What's the pain like? I sure hope you will feel better😁

On other news how is Benjamin?

12 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

Only two now :c

Oh no, I wonder why?

Not much news, Benny is just hanging out being himself.  He and Jonathan are thoroughly enjoying all the attention with the bigger kids up in AK.

As for symptoms, I was having some deep right side pain I thought was kidneys, but I wash negative for a bladder culture and swab, so no infections.  The concern was then an ectopic or some inflammation issue, but there was none of that either.  It looks like I ovulated on my right side so it might just be the corpus luteum causing the pain, which is fine.  We just wanted to rule out anything dangerous.

Well I was remarking to my husband my fish looked like they were getting frisky and I was right! My white/yellow/orange oranda, Watson, was dropping eggs and my new red and white, Tony, was all up and in it 😆

C4CEDE7E-9747-4EF1-B587-4244267B55AA.thumb.jpeg.f6ccd5a9e053c822bd9401ab25eb52e9.jpeg

Watson says “OH!  Guess I’m not a boy after all!” 😏

0DA0FC51-D5E9-424C-8EF7-4ECA9516AA66.thumb.jpeg.ed29c866e93fcdb1e9948f4108b82bd0.jpegWatson in the top center, Tony on the left bottom, Sherlock on the right.  Plus random babies still not named.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

Not much news, Benny is just hanging out being himself.  He and Jonathan are thoroughly enjoying all the attention with the bigger kids up in AK.

They get all of Mommy to themselfs lol

7 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

As for symptoms, I was having some deep right side pain I thought was kidneys, but I wash negative for a bladder culture and swab, so no infections.  The concern was then an ectopic or some inflammation issue, but there was none of that either.  It looks like I ovulated on my right side so it might just be the corpus luteum causing the pain, which is fine.  We just wanted to rule out anything dangerous.

Well I'm relieved, besides that your doing good? How's Benjamin's milestones going?

Yeah I wonder about @Morgan'sMiracles and how hers is going too.

Small Pond fish spawned today. Not sure who the parents are because a few of them were chasing, but Bruce (Calico Nymph) was chasing Juliet (Calico Fantail) the most so maybe them. But Tiger (Calico Chu) was also going after Mirinda (Orange Chu) so who knows what they will be!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

Small Pond fish spawned today. Not sure who the parents are because a few of them were chasing, but Bruce (Calico Nymph) was chasing Juliet (Calico Fantail) the most so maybe them. But Tiger (Calico Chu) was also going after Mirinda (Orange Chu) so who knows what they will be!

You’ve got a pond orgy 😆

:rofl Yes!

I was super curious to see who the babies will look like so I did keep a few eggs. 

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

• Like 1

Your two remaining babies still look good!  And I’m wishing I had hornwort in my tank, I couldn’t get the the eggs before they got gobbled up.

The hornwort is great for catching eggs! Goes absolutely crazy in my pond, i took a whole 5g bucket worth out a few months ago and it barely made a dent in it! I love using it in fry tanks though,  they graze on it and gives them something to hide in

How did it go?

You guys ever see Nachos so big before?
0826191909a.thumb.jpg.515f98f646fda4f30034cdafa73e9478.jpg
0826191909.thumb.jpg.57183683a2a3477c189e6da8a7439da1.jpg

I had a nacho plate that rivals your nacho plate!!!

69a3a847405d1f246d535a3eedc92b24.jpg

Maybe not in height, but when the plate came out I literally burst out into laughter because it was only for two of us. We ate most of it though! biggest nacho plate I’ve ever seen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Well I had an accident today with the fry :( I have their little containers on top of my bedroom tank, I moved them to do waterchange on the bedroom tank and as I was moving them back I bumped my hand on the tank and one of the fry sloshed out the container. It took me a good 5 minutes to find him, he was still breathing when I found him but they are still way too small to pick up and I couldn't get hold of him without hurting him and he died. He was caught on the edge of the tank stand I tried sloshing water on him hoping he would slide off into my hand but that didn't work. :( I feel absolutely terrible! 

In brighter news, my other lot of eggs started hatching today, I see three fry so far.

Awe I’m sorry the older one died that way :(

Good news on the hatchlings though!

Here is the last remaining of the older group of fry today, I decided to name him Lenny. I think he is about 2 weeks old now? Maybe a bit less, I forgot to keep track of what date he hatched lol.

IMG_0544.jpg

• Like 1

Lenny is a cute name!  I’m sorry he’s the only survivor though.

Bunnies still getting along well here :)

5D19A498-6B33-4BC2-8A0B-FB1D52B0B9B7.thumb.jpeg.253716578ce35daaf59891c2438dce63.jpeg

And my big kids saw the biggest pumpkin ever entered into the Alaska State fair.  Like all the enormous veggies it was incredibly ugly, but looks aren’t everything 🤣

B05C022B-A679-45B2-8791-8D7C62D29B27.jpeg.0f7e7731f8b4ce800688e660e9bf0063.jpeg

It’s been weird here, just very busy.  Lots of therapy and hanging with the little boys, exhaustion from pregnancy, epic home remodel, etc.  But coming along slowly but surely :)

Oh and I need to do an update to my East Coast Ranchu thread, now that some of the juveniles are finally changing color!

Bunnies are adorable!

Counted the newest lot of babies today, they have just started free swimming so I moved them from their critter keeper into a small tank, only partially filled for now. There are 28

• Like 1

Some new pictures of Lenny and also some of the newer fry

IMG_0672.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_0654.jpg

That’s a great number of fry, Mandy!  

Big kids are back and homeschool is officially ratcheted back up. I admit I didn’t miss the work volume at all, but hubby insists we do it at home instead of sending them so... sigh. 

Fortunately I think the meh is just pregnancy exhaustion.  It’s worse this time than any other baby I’ve had.  Like, bone crushing fatigue no matter how many naps I take!

Aw that makes me feel tired just thinking about it!

I counted again today and got 22, so have lost a few but still pretty good. 

So here are some new pictures of Lenny,the older fry. He is 3 weeks old today. I hope he is looking ok for his age. He is still in the critter keeper but hoping to upgrade him tomorrow. Been doing WCs 2-3 times a day and feeding 4-5 times a day, he gets frozen BBS, Decapsulated Brine Shrimp, Daphnia, and Hikari First Bites as well as Hornwort to forage on.

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0750.jpg

And here are some of the younger fry, they are 11 days old. They are in a half filled 5g, I just added a small sponge filter today. 100% wc every 2 days (though I'm moving that up to every day now) and feed 4-5 times a day. Mostly frozen baby brine shrimp but also give them the other food as well

IMG_0744.jpg

IMG_0741.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

• Like 1