Kokos Goldfish Forum
stech

Best sinking pellet food

For Ranchus I know best to feed a mixture of sinking pellet, gel, vegetables and frozen bloodworms. Which brand of sinking pellets has least chance of contributing to potential floaty or swim bladder issue? I understands that overfeeding, diet with high protein and bad water quality can all leads to diseases and swim bladder issue.

Staple sinking pellets that I am looking into are Azayaka, Saki-Green/Purple, Northfin and Omega One. I like Azayaka but it has to be ship from Japan. Any feedbacks on these brand and recommendation?

Out of your brands, I have tried Northfin, but not for goldfish.  I do like my NLS Algaemax, their NLS TherA+ pellets did cause some floaty issues in an Oranda, but not with their Algaemax.  I like their higher veggie/green content and fibre.

The Oranda had issues with the Repashy Solient Green gel foods, I was told that the Super Green was not as likely to have any issues.  Good luck!

1 hour ago, stech said:

For Ranchus I know best to feed a mixture of sinking pellet, gel, vegetables and frozen bloodworms. Which brand of sinking pellets has least chance of contributing to potential floaty or swim bladder issue? I understands that overfeeding, diet with high protein and bad water quality can all leads to diseases and swim bladder issue.

Staple sinking pellets that I am looking into are Azayaka, Saki-Green/Purple, Northfin and Omega One. I like Azayaka but it has to be ship from Japan. Any feedbacks on these brand and recommendation?

I dont use any of those but I do use Fluval bug bites with my Moor and Ranchu. I havent seen any issues with this food. :)