Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sue

Vegetables and Fruit

i am sure this is here somewhere.  I have one Oranda in a 20 gallon long.   I give him Repashy gel food from Dandy Orandas. mini frozen shrimp a couple times a day and once in a while Omega pellets.   I want to introduce him to fruit and veggies.  Can you please tell me what I can feed just one fish.   I am nervous I will give him to much.   is it just one pea? do you microwave them for a second to make them soft?  I am new so I would really appreciate info on this

Thank you 

3 hours ago, Sue said:

i am sure this is here somewhere.  I have one Oranda in a 20 gallon long.   I give him Repashy gel food from Dandy Orandas. mini frozen shrimp a couple times a day and once in a while Omega pellets.   I want to introduce him to fruit and veggies.  Can you please tell me what I can feed just one fish.   I am nervous I will give him to much.   is it just one pea? do you microwave them for a second to make them soft?  I am new so I would really appreciate info on this

Thank you 

Well blanched spinach is a good one. I would do just one leaf. The other thing you can feed is a slice of cucumber :) If your doing a pea you could do one or two of them. 

If they are frozen you can microwave it for about 30 secs to soften it and pop the pea out of the shell and feed it :) 

Hi Sue,

I had your same question years ago.  It is so rewarding for the relationship to TREAT your fish. But they can't handle sugar the same way.
Check out my home-made fish food blog for my journey into healthy and natural goldfish treats and food.

It sounds like you love to spoil your water puppy already with the mini shrimp, aw. You're on the right track by educating yourself and seeking advice about quantity.

My secret treat ingredient is edamame, cooked with the membranes removed and mashed. It is similar to pea treats, and I think (from research) a bit healthier. One quarter of one edamame bean mushed or cut to a size smaller than your pet's mouth would be ok as a treat, even daily. It would work the same as peas for your pet. What is their name?

Best fishes! 

Edited by mysterygirl
I'm just that way.

Wow!!!!  Thank you!