Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Sign in to follow this  
Caretta Rose

New place, new start, new shrimp?!

6 posts in this topic

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I had to move. Pretty stressful time all around. But now that I'm slowly getting myself set up, I realised that I could pull out my 5.5 gallon Fluval Spec again. In the past I had used it as a planted Betta tank. I am now thinking of setting up a planted shrimp tank and also grow some duckweed. I am pretty excited to get this set up again! This will be my first time having shrimp, so I am looking forward to delving into this world of crustaceans 😀

What do your planted shrimp setups look like?

11 minutes ago, Caretta Rose said:

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I had to move. Pretty stressful time all around. But now that I'm slowly getting myself set up, I realised that I could pull out my 5.5 gallon Fluval Spec again. In the past I had used it as a planted Betta tank. I am now thinking of setting up a planted shrimp tank and also grow some duckweed. I am pretty excited to get this set up again! This will be my first time having shrimp, so I am looking forward to delving into this world of crustaceans 😀

What do your planted shrimp setups look like?

That sounds so cool. I myself haven't had a shrimp tank. I did for a long time have bamboo shrimp with my goldfish years ago. They where so much fun to watch :)

I have seen other members a few years ago showing off there shrimp tanks :) 

I remember a roommate of mine in university kept shrimp and guppies and they all multiplied like crazy. They were all really fun to watch and a great way to de-stress as uni students. It sounds terrible, but I figure if offspring get outta hand... well..... I have some hungry goldfish? 😶

I would love to get some cherries or cardinals. I will have a gander through some of the old posts for some shrimp-spiration!

Edited by Caretta Rose

3 minutes ago, Caretta Rose said:

I remember a roommate of mine in university kept shrimp and guppies and they all multiplied like crazy. They were all really fun to watch and a great way to de-stress as uni students. It sounds terrible, but I figure if offspring get outta hand... well..... I have some hungry goldfish? 😶

I would love to get some cherries or cardinals. I will have a gander through some of the old posts for some shrimp-spiration!

Well I can tell ya. Guppies will breed like no tomorrow. At one time my Hubby had about 100 or more guppies in his 20 gallon tank. He had those guppies for over 20 years too. 

Shrimps are really fun to watch, have you seen the Bamboo shrimps. They are one of the biggest kinds you can have and I didn't have an issue with the goldfish eating them :teehee

Here is a good one :thumbs:

and another :)

I didn’t take a whole lot of pictures back when I had a shrimp tank, for some reason.  But it was basically a five gallon with driftwood, plenty of soft and bushy plants (mostly anubias, vals, and crypts), and one betta who seemed to leave them alone for the most part.