Jump to content
Kokos Goldfish Forum
Go_redfish

What did you do today?

Recommended Posts

Test

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I added some more stickers to my redbubble store
https://www.redbubble.com/people/themandabear
Im really tempted to purchase a ryukin sticker, since I recently lost both ryukins due to a freak bird attack. But I know this may be entirely pushy of me, but do you think you'll expand the collection a little to include hermit crabs as well? ^_^

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am planning to expand the collection! This weekend I'm hoping to do some recolours of the ones I've done and I'm always up to taking suggestions! I've never drawn a hermit crab before but I think it would be fun to try!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I am planning to expand the collection! This weekend I'm hoping to do some recolours of the ones I've done and I'm always up to taking suggestions! I've never drawn a hermit crab before but I think it would be fun to try!
If you need pics for some inspiration, I have a few years worth (around... gosh, 7 years worth....) of pics that I happy to send over!

I'll be interested to see the recolours, so I may hold out until then and see if a recolour really tickles my fancy!


Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That would be great! I'd love some inspiration pics :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

awe Mandy I love your stickers :) 

 

:gfish: Hi everyone :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Ree! :heart 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ree said:

awe Mandy I love your stickers :) 

 

:gfish: Hi everyone :) 

REE :hug :hug Missed you :hug 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tested my ph out of my tap.... 6.0 :yikes  Thats cause of all the snow and rain lately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, koko said:

REE :hug :hug Missed you :hug 

Awe i missed being here too.  :thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, koko said:

Tested my ph out of my tap.... 6.0 :yikes  Thats cause of all the snow and rain lately.

Awe no! are you buffering it for de feeeshies? we are so lucky our ph here is so stable.  it is very high but stable.  its near impossible to adjust it LOL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ree said:

Awe no! are you buffering it for de feeeshies? we are so lucky our ph here is so stable.  it is very high but stable.  its near impossible to adjust it LOL. 

Yeah I didnt know it was that low till TD tested it. Yes Im buffering I have wondershells I use all the time in the tank. I haven been doing only 20-30% water changes lately cause its just so cold here. The water is so cold it hurts your hands when you try and wash them :(

I lived in an area that had water like that. I had a hard time with plants because of it :lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, koko said:

Yeah I didnt know it was that low till TD tested it. Yes Im buffering I have wondershells I use all the time in the tank. I haven been doing only 20-30% water changes lately cause its just so cold here. The water is so cold it hurts your hands when you try and wash them :(

I lived in an area that had water like that. I had a hard time with plants because of it :lol 

Awe fishies will be happy with little waterchanges then.  I kinda feel like my fishies need little singlets when i give them cold waterchanges in winter :lol3

I dont like water that cold, my bones hurt so much with cold.  They say put ice on injuries, but the ice hurts more than the injury lol.  

Im managing my tank planties ok, and hubby adds extra ferts to the garden plants.  I think they need extra minerals due to the calcium binding it or some such thing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ree said:

Awe fishies will be happy with little waterchanges then.  I kinda feel like my fishies need little singlets when i give them cold waterchanges in winter :lol3

To bad they dont have fish jackets :rofl 

1 hour ago, Ree said:

I dont like water that cold, my bones hurt so much with cold.  They say put ice on injuries, but the ice hurts more than the injury lol.  

Oh I hear ya there. It gets to my injures on my back and man oh man it hurts. But some reason I love ice pack and heat packs. TD cant do ice packs like you it drives him crazy. :lol

 

1 hour ago, Ree said:

Im managing my tank planties ok, and hubby adds extra ferts to the garden plants.  I think they need extra minerals due to the calcium binding it or some such thing.  

I always have a hard time with plants unless its anubias plants :rofl 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hopeful we'll get our laundry sink faucet changed out some time - we're in the approx. 50% that the Python Universal Adaptor, doesn't adapt. So I can use my Python to drain water out, but have to bucket fresh water back in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two recoloured ryukins.  

20190302_201802.jpg

20190302_183735.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Two recoloured ryukins.  
20190302_201802.thumb.jpg.4176d93cc62838a85af9cb4e5c3c7a93.jpg
20190302_183735.thumb.jpg.9d99842f6d74052b5541b57fc2df3f3c.jpg
Wow!

Funnily enough, they both look like my ryukins that passed on... very good, I particularly like the first one!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Shahbazin said:

I'm hopeful we'll get our laundry sink faucet changed out some time - we're in the approx. 50% that the Python Universal Adaptor, doesn't adapt. So I can use my Python to drain water out, but have to bucket fresh water back in.

I feel you pain my tank is the same level as my sink so I cant use my python unless I use the water pressure. So I use buckets to change the water. :yikes

Welcome back hun :hug Dont forget about the raffle going on :thumbs:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I feel you pain my tank is the same level as my sink so I cant use my python unless I use the water pressure. So I use buckets to change the water. :yikes
Welcome back hun :hug Dont forget about the raffle going on :thumbs:
You could use a small inline pump to pump it out. Vacuum the key areas to get rid of solid waste, and then pump to get rid of water type of thing?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, aussieJJDude said:

You could use a small inline pump to pump it out. Vacuum the key areas to get rid of solid waste, and then pump to get rid of water type of thing?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
 

This is what I do, I use a pump to drain my tanks, I just attach the tubing to it, then I just hook up the hose to the tap to fill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or my fav. Throw the hose out the window and siphon like that... works well if the tank isnt below ground level tho!!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a blue and a calico done today. All four (yellow, red and white, calico and blue) are up now!

Think that's all I'm going to manage this weekend. Hopefully some more next weekend! Im feeling quite inspired by the hermit crab pics too so will try to start sketching them too!

20190303_165052.jpg

20190303_155012.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, aussieJJDude said:

You could use a small inline pump to pump it out. Vacuum the key areas to get rid of solid waste, and then pump to get rid of water type of thing?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
 

 

7 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

This is what I do, I use a pump to drain my tanks, I just attach the tubing to it, then I just hook up the hose to the tap to fill

You guys gave me a great idea. I got the powerhead in the tank for the sponge filter. I am now wondering if my hose will fit on to that so I cam just pump it out....

So next water change I will let you guys know how it works :teehee 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

Got a blue and a calico done today. All four (yellow, red and white, calico and blue) are up now!

Think that's all I'm going to manage this weekend. Hopefully some more next weekend! Im feeling quite inspired by the hermit crab pics too so will try to start sketching them too!

20190303_165052.jpg

20190303_155012.jpg

Man I wish I could draw like that Mandy. I can only do Kinder drawing :lol Ill show you one day :rofl 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Photo of the week winner!


Pic of the week poll #20


×
  • Create New...