Kokos Goldfish Forum
Go_redfish

Gotta love craigslist

Score! Going to go pick up another 125 for $100 tmrw. Going to reseal that bad boy and pretty it up! I get almost as excited about starting and finishing a new project as I do about getting new fish!  Any one else got something they're working on?

WOW thats a great find :thumbs:

Not many tanks around here for sale. I cant even give away my 36 bow front tank :( 

I don't need a larger tank thank goodness. No space for one and no fortitude to keep up with one. 

As some here know, I am working on an outdoor mud pond project. So far it's going well. The mud has sustained 7 tiny fish for almost 3 months now in WINTER. In spring, I am hoping to get it finished as far as digging and also begin to get some bog type plants into it and make it into something a bit nicer for my babies.

It really is supposed to be for my yearling fish that have outgrown their little porch pond but the 7 babies that were being used to test it for safety and whatnot are welcomed to stay if they're still there come spring. I wasn't going to toss my fish I've had for a year into an unknown project, and so this is testing phase. 

Posted (edited)

Congratulations!   Thats a pretty good deal.  Its better than paid for a used 125 gallon. 😌 

I havent got to that behemoth yet, been busy with holiday stuff.   But, wow its a lot of stuff to do for tank that size.    Goodluck with your project.  

Happy new year everyone! 

Edited by Goldfishbeginner

I feel like its easier to maintain a big tank than it is a smaller one as long as its properly balanced and not over stocked. Between heavy filtration and planting and stocking at 20-30 gallons per for any fish over 4inches, water parameters stay pretty pristine. Volume helps. Plus it makes room for them to grow big. My largest fancies are 9 and 9.4 inches.

Water changes are a snap too. My fishroom floor is sloping concrete and i have hoses. Lol. No buckets

Oh thats good to know.   I hope larger tank helps because keeping the nitrates in check is a chore with my current tank.

I'm doing something similar to make water changes easier.   My significant other will be happy about there not being any more water changes in the bathroom.

Well, I better get going and set mine up too.  I gotta do the same thing and reseal.   All the supplies are collected it just needs setting up.  

Good luck! I have alot of pratice at referbing old tanks. Its half the fun of keeping fish lol

My tank is now tropical. I like ponds more than tanks. They're just easier for me and my goldfish seem to like them better too. I do love planted tanks and am trying a small one myself. 

Ponds are better for them but i can't keep fancies outside during winter here. They get pond time in the spring and summer. GF aren't the only thing i keep tho.

15 hours ago, Goldfishbeginner said:

My significant other will be happy about there not being any more water changes in the bathroom

I remember those days :rofl 

11 hours ago, Go_redfish said:

Ponds are better for them but i can't keep fancies outside during winter here. They get pond time in the spring and summer. GF aren't the only thing i keep tho.

I don't only keep goldfish either. I turned my 55 gallon into a tropical tank. I've got a Blood Parrot, some Tiger Barbs, and some Cories in there. I've also had Bettas until recently. But goldfish are my favorites still.