Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Andrew Goldfish

My first ranchus!

7 posts in this topic

I finally found some ranchu goldfish to try and start our breeding project.  Wish us luck!

• Like 2

They're very cute. Cheddar (the female) isn't a very good specimen at all for breeding though IMO. Either way, good luck. 

They are gorgeous! Good luck with your breeding plans

• Like 1

Great find. Looks like the girl is a lionchu fish. I like them both and I hope you do get some babies. I cant wait to see :thumbs: 

Yup the female Cheddar is certainly not the perfect type ranchu.  But they were a male/female pair at a reasonable price, so I figured its a good way to get started with ranchus.  Got to say I'm really loving their Fu dog looking faces and interactions so far.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Andrew Goldfish said:

Yup the female Cheddar is certainly not the perfect type ranchu.  But they were a male/female pair at a reasonable price, so I figured its a good way to get started with ranchus.  Got to say I'm really loving their Fu dog looking faces and interactions so far.

I have always loved the Ranchu's face. They have just the cutest faces and when they want food its hard to resist too :lol 

• Like 1

On 12/13/2018 at 11:35 AM, Andrew Goldfish said:

If you want a breed that is close to the Ranchu look for the Shukins. They are my favorite fish of them all besides the Eggfish :) 

http://www.raingarden.us/goldfish-shukin.htm