Phillyn17

Hi guys .... quick catch up!!

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys .... I hope you are all well.

Sorry that I have not visited recently, but been busy on other projects. Just thought I'd give an update to those members who remember "The Family" tank (and me!!) images that I shared many years ago. I'm down to just two survivors now, "The Cod Father" and one eyed "Nelson", who are both ten years old now .... although if appearance is anything to go by, the Cod Father has been defying medical science for years. About three years ago, he started developing a large white bump on his rear end, over the time, this has grown quite large (see images) but doesn't cause him any discomfort, and he remains active despite additional but smaller growths and developing cataracts over both eyes. I'll allow them to live out their life in their current surroundings, although they've turned out to be the most pampered and expensive £3.00 worth of goldfish in the world ..... if one is to consider just the annual equipment and electric costs alone!! LOL!!

Anyway, because I don't visit so often these days, I'll just take this opportunity to wish you all a very Happy Christmas, and a very Prosperous New Year .... take care of yourselves!!

IMG_0214.JPG

IMG_0217.JPG

IMG_0216.JPG

Edited by Phillyn17

:hi There dude. Sure have missed ya :hug Merry Christmas to you too and your family :)

WOW that fish looks rough. How long have they been growing on that fish ? :o 

• Like 1

As bad as they look, surface  tumors don't bother fish much.  You will probably see more.  One can surgically remove these, but they will probably return.

I had a beautiful fish develop a tumor when about 8 years old.  With time, she got more, but didn't seem bothered.  After a couple of years some tumors developed bloody lesions, which I assume indicated malignancy.  By this time she no longer appeared comfortable, and I finally decided to euthanize.

• Thanks 1

On 01/12/2018 at 4:43 PM, koko said:

:hi There dude. Sure have missed ya :hug Merry Christmas to you too and your family :)

WOW that fish looks rough. How long have they been growing on that fish ? :o 

Hi Shannon, thanks for the welcome!!  .... they started about 3-4 years ago, the large one at the rear, reached its' current size after about 6 months, but hasn't got any bigger since. The remainder appeared within the last two years, but have not got so big. Actually, and as Shakaho mentioned in the previous post, they have never bothered him, or affected his mobility or health ..... I hope I never have to make the decision to euthanize him, it would be nice to see old age take its' course.

I hope the family are well .... the little one must be about 5 years old now isn't she?

Please give my regards to the man of the house ........

21 hours ago, shakaho said:

As bad as they look, surface  tumors don't bother fish much.  You will probably see more.  One can surgically remove these, but they will probably return.

I had a beautiful fish develop a tumor when about 8 years old.  With time, she got more, but didn't seem bothered.  After a couple of years some tumors developed bloody lesions, which I assume indicated malignancy.  By this time she no longer appeared comfortable, and I finally decided to euthanize.

Hi Sharon .... yeah you are exactly right, he's 10 years old now and they first appeared at about 7. Mmm, you're again correct when you say they don't seem to bother him .... he eats like a gannet, and darts around like a two year old.