Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
ABB63

Is my girl pregnant?

53 posts in this topic

On 3/3/2019 at 12:06 PM, ABB63 said:

Ok. We will keep the diet going. And thanks for the comment on my tank. I went to the 80 gallon reef tank for them because I wanted them to have more water per fish and more space to swim. With the mopani now, and the live plants, it is a whole other world. I sit and watch them a lot with the sun coming In the window. It is like your looking under water in a river with the water movement and the light. Now if I can just keep up with the plants they are destroying lol. I found a few they won’t eat but they still love attacking the, and pulling the apart. They have the marimo balls to play with too. 

Its a very nice tank, I would be sitting there all day :fishtank

I had the moss balls in my tank but by they time they hit 3 years old they destroyed them. Then around here they are charging $6.00 for one big ball. Well those two could destroy that in about 2 days. :yikes

In my tank I just have Java fern, Anubias and some pond Lilly plants in there. Im going to grow duckweed out in my fountain when it gets warmer. I tried a breeder container in my tank but it came off and then it wasn't getting enough movement and I could see it was trapping debris in it. Not good. :( 

I enjoy sitting when I am doing the water changes each week. The ball’s get  totally ripped apart but he keeps them busy. They’ve ripped all the leaves off all the plants so at least they can play with the balls. I bought 10 of those balls on Amazon and they weren’t that expensive. Maybe check that out. I’ll try to pick up some more plants this weekend to freshen up the look of the tank. it is so cold here right now in Massachusetts I don’t think the duckweed would grow well even in the window. 

Thank you so much for helping me out with my fish. This website has been a godsend. I bought these goldfish and had no idea what it took to take care of them. Now they’re so beautiful.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2019 at 3:18 AM, ABB63 said:

I enjoy sitting when I am doing the water changes each week. The ball’s get  totally ripped apart but he keeps them busy. They’ve ripped all the leaves off all the plants so at least they can play with the balls. I bought 10 of those balls on Amazon and they weren’t that expensive. Maybe check that out. I’ll try to pick up some more plants this weekend to freshen up the look of the tank. it is so cold here right now in Massachusetts I don’t think the duckweed would grow well even in the window. 

Thank you so much for helping me out with my fish. This website has been a godsend. I bought these goldfish and had no idea what it took to take care of them. Now they’re so beautiful.

I will have to check amazon out. Right now my Java Fern is so big its taking up a good spot in the back of the tank. Im going to work on suctioning down a few plants with suction cups. I think I got the right size for this. My lilly plants keep floating and then land in the intake to the filter. :( 

Yeah I can't keep Duckweed alive right now either, just to cold. So once it warms up Im going to turn my old fountain outside to a Duckweed fountain. I should be able to grow enough for the spring and summer time :panana