Jump to content
GGal90

Help! Holes in my goldfish tail, possible finrot? Prolonged issue🙁

29 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, GGal90 said:

Haha!! Well I did go with your initial suggestion and treated entire tank (drained tank to half ) with the sponges in. Fingers crossed 🤞

Just waiting to finish the course by Thursday evening & I am planning to fill the tank back to full and resume with water changes 75% on Sat as usual. Hope thats fine?!😊

Thats just how I did mine twice. Didn't seem to have an issue at all :) 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2018 at 11:56 PM, koko said:

Thats just how I did mine twice. Didn't seem to have an issue at all :) 

So the course is complete. But today I noticed clear white long worm like poop from the red cap orande which had its tail torn last. So does this mean I need to start any new meds or just wait and see?! What am tryin to say is how can I confirm they are cured?! Any tips?😇

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GGal90 said:

So the course is complete. But today I noticed clear white long worm like poop from the red cap orande which had its tail torn last. So does this mean I need to start any new meds or just wait and see?! What am tryin to say is how can I confirm they are cured?! Any tips?😇

Lets give them a few days with no meds.

Can you get Duckweed? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2018 at 10:21 PM, koko said:

Lets give them a few days with no meds.

Can you get Duckweed? 

Hmm couldnt get duckweek but I did just buy new aquarium plants. I kept them in salted dip and then introduced into main tank, but now I noticed the redcap oranda got achor worm:ill

I manually removed the worm using forceps and gave a salt dip for 5mins. Hes healed up but a smaller gold fish I could see is not healing up the place where the worm was is still red with a white puss like dot maybe. Did salt dips for 3 days any toher option?

 

Sorry I know this seems like its never ending!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now