Sign in to follow this  
Chaory

Azayaka goldfish food

8 posts in this topic

Anyone tried it. I’ve been using it on mines and they seem to love it. Wen growth has been growing good also with this food. Here’s a little article that I found.

https://puregoldfish.com/pellets/amp/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see a lot of BS and no sign of the ingredients of the food being promoted.  I suggest you read this article:

http://www.raingarden.us/feeding.pdf

Goldfish love anything edible.  I feed mine high quality koi pellets in small and medium size.  These cost a fraction of what you pay for goldfish pellets

I do believe that it is better to use the smallest size if using dry foods for fancies. As it will be less work for the digestion system.

I believe the best foods are the more natural foods. Which means less processed. Second if it is processed, the better option would be better ingredients.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shakaho doesn't have wen growing or compact bodied fancies. But I do. I believe BIGGER pellets are better. They find them better and they're forced to chew them better, resulting in less pellets swallowed whole and thus better digestion. 

Here's an ingredient list: 

Fish meal, krill meal, wheat germ, beer yeast, soybeans oil cake, flour, alfalfa meal, garlic powder, fish collagen, calcium phosphate, seaweed powder, chitin・chitosan, plant polysaccharide, vitamins, minerals, others.

Pretty run of the mill ingredients. But the PRICE isnt run of the mill. Over $30 for a 17 ounce bag for a food with no spirulina, multiple fillers early in the list (wheat germ, beer yeast, spy bean oil cake, AND "flour") along with ambiguous ingredients such as "others". I don't think so! I definitely will not be buying this overpriced bag of fillers. 

Edited by mjfromga

Actually, almost all of my fancies have wens as do some of my long-bodied fish.  All of my current fish are pond mutts and all of the fancies (and many of the others) are descendants of my late crown pearlscale, Pearls, mother of multitudes.  Many of them are as round bodied as Pearls was, and  have "top hat" wens like Pearls, which fortunately do not grow over the eyes.  Sadly, none of them have pearl scales.

All the pellets get ground up in the throat so the size of the pieces will be pretty much all the same as they go on through the gut.  

• Like 2

I been feeding mine the Fluval Bug bites since it first came out. Also frozen blood worms. I do really like the Bug bites. :) So do they 

• Like 1

I do not believe that the bigger the pellets, the better for digestion etc. I use the smallest Azayaka pellets. My one inch black ranchu and betta can even eat it.