Sign in to follow this  
mjfromga

Rangli Vs Kosmos

7 posts in this topic

These two FIGHT. It can get quite ugly sometimes. They're both ich free and swimming and eating like normal. It isn't always only during feeding. I can be just standing there and a fight will break out. But it isn't as intense as when there's food. They are too small to really hurt one another I would imagine. 

These are some BAD FISHIES!! 

Zac does that to goldfish every time I feed. She will do this even with a peice of food in her mouth. But not as bad as your guys :rofl 

6 hours ago, koko said:

Zac does that to goldfish every time I feed. She will do this even with a peice of food in her mouth. But not as bad as your guys :rofl 

It's funny to see Kosmos put so much effort into chasing Rangli. He's a fancy and he has to wiggle double time to chase the single tail and its hilarious. He is more aggressive and he usually wins.

• Haha 1

On 10/22/2018 at 8:22 PM, mjfromga said:

It's funny to see Kosmos put so much effort into chasing Rangli. He's a fancy and he has to wiggle double time to chase the single tail and its hilarious. He is more aggressive and he usually wins.

Zac is my Moor and she chases my Ranchu every time they eat. She will even do it if she has a mouth full of food :rofl 

On 10/24/2018 at 12:15 PM, koko said:

Zac is my Moor and she chases my Ranchu every time they eat. She will even do it if she has a mouth full of food :rofl 

Here they go again. This isn't chasing. I wouldn't be bothered if it was chasing. Chasing is one dominant fish chasing around the more submissive one. These two actually fight. The Shubunkin starts it but the fantail is having none of it. They push each other into the sides of the tub and whatnot. They angrily fight in circles, and its happening MORE and MORE. 

I've never seen behavior like that.  I wonder what would happen if you put another, bigger fish in with them.  

1 hour ago, shakaho said:

I've never seen behavior like that.  I wonder what would happen if you put another, bigger fish in with them.  

I've never seen it either. I've seen plenty of chasing like Koko describes, but these two fight like Cichlids. Once they pass quarantine and whatnot, I can put Rustic (a decent sized yearling Comet) with them and see what happens. I can't see them trying to fight with him.