Jump to content
koko

Yearly Raffle is now open!

32 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, aussieJJDude said:

I love my canisters! Infact, I hate the ones you mentioned, but canisters. Are fun. Especially cleaning it out and giving everything a good wash.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
 

It is something strangely satisfying in getting all the gunk out!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol thats funny! I hate pulling them out and draining them and pulling them apart, it really kills me physically, I have back and shoulder problems though so moving them out of the cupboard to drain them is tough on me and I always seem to make a big mess when I clean them so then theres more pain cleaning that mess up :rofl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2018 at 7:08 PM, FishyMandy said:

Lol thats funny! I hate pulling them out and draining them and pulling them apart, it really kills me physically, I have back and shoulder problems though so moving them out of the cupboard to drain them is tough on me and I always seem to make a big mess when I clean them so then theres more pain cleaning that mess up :rofl

That was me with the canisters. I always made a big mess out of it. My HOB not so much I do drip little bit of water but not like half the tank :rofl 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really need to try and clean my canisters soon. It's so painful though :rofl 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FishyMandy said:

I really need to try and clean my canisters soon. It's so painful though :rofl 

I got to do the whole tank tomorrow. :thud Water change, clean filter and scrub the front glass. I have night time sun that hits the back of the tank and makes tons of Algae. I let it grow everywhere but the front glass.. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, koko said:

I got to do the whole tank tomorrow. :thud Water change, clean filter and scrub the front glass. I have night time sun that hits the back of the tank and makes tons of Algae. I let it grow everywhere but the front glass.. :) 

Hi I need to clean my filters too.  I have a sponge and HOB filter.  Do you think it'll be ok to squeeze them both out during the same water change?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started out having some cute little goldfish catch my eye YEARS ago. I bought 3 or 4.....why not I had a 10 gallon tank at home that hadn't been used in years. I took them home, filled the tank, plunked the fish in there & then went to find where I had stored the filter. You can imagine it didn't take long for things to go TERRIBLY wrong. The poor lil' goldies started swimming less & less....then started dying. I started searching the web & stumbled across KOKO's. I quickly found I had not near enough tank & way too many fish! MY hubby bought me a 20 gallon tank. I think one goldie survived the ordeal. My learning curve was long & slow but I eventually learned & can now enjoy them!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now