Fish Of Gold

RIP Icicle :'(

8 posts in this topic

I can't believe another one of my goldfish is gone! Icicle was perfectly fine when I turned off the lights last night, happily swimming around and came to eagerly beg for pellets when I walked in front of her tank to turn her lights off. Then first thing this morning she was gone :cry1 It's bad enough when they are sick and you know they may die, but to just suddenly loose a goldfish for seemingly no reason is so hard to bear. I've now lost 5 goldfish in such a short period of time. She was the last one in this 40B gallon tank, so I will be taking this tank down and nuking it and then I will put it in storage because I don't plan on getting any more goldfish any time soon. :no: Icicle was my biggest, and prettiest goldfish with long angelic flowing fins, I'm going to miss her so much :rip: :crying:

Screenshot (36).png

RIP fishy. I did the same thing when disease wiped out almost 40 previously healthy fish in my pond. Just destroyed the entire pond and discarded every possibly contaminated bit of equipment. I still have a small pond and I will keep it but I will never go big again. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mjfromga said:

RIP fishy. I did the same thing when disease wiped out almost 40 previously healthy fish in my pond. Just destroyed the entire pond and discarded every possibly contaminated bit of equipment. I still have a small pond and I will keep it but I will never go big again. 

Thank you, she sure was one of my favorites. I'm sorry to hear you lost so many fish!! It's bad enough to loose just one, but to loose all of your pond full of fish is devastating! A while back, my fiance wanted to get a 220 gallon tank to put all of the goldfish in together instead of having them in 3 separate huge tanks. I'm glad we never went thru with that idea, then I probably would have lost every one of my goldfish. I think I just like my fish in their own 40 gallon tanks with just a few fish in each one, so I see how small can be better than big. 

Yup it sucked royal. But stuff happens that can be out of your control. I tried to save them but I couldn't fight whatever it was. Destroyed every last fish. I had raised most of them from tiny Walmart babies so it really sucked bad. I still have some fish left that weren't in that pond, but I just don't think I will ever chance such a massive loss again and I will never ever buy imported adults again. 

Aw no im so sorry.  Those sudden losses really suck

• Like 1

Rest in peace Icicle. Such a beautiful fish, and I thought your naming scheme was very clever. I'm so sorry for your loss of your fishy friends, Fishofgold.

Edited by mysterygirl
Post 1st edit 2 seconds later.
  • Like 1

IM so sorry for your loss Amy. RIP Icicle. 

• Like 1

Im sorry its never easy to loose a fish :hug 

• Like 1