2meat2side

Fishless cycle question

5 posts in this topic

Been cycling my tank for what feels like forever . Been dosing tank to between 2 -3 ppm ammonium chloride everyday and it drops to zero 9 hours later . Wondering if these levels all look alright . I think im just waiting for the nitrite eating bacteria to develop ? This is my first time

E4C8920D-A311-4ED8-A856-D2E282BD55E2.jpeg

How long is "feels like forever"?

Excess ammonia and excess nitrite both can inhibit nitrite oxidation.  That nitrate tube indicates that you have nitrite oxidizers working but overfed.  Empty the tank,  add fresh water and ammonia to no more than 1 ppm.  Then watch without adding anything.  You may find the tank has cycled.  

• Like 2

Hey there ! Had started cyclimg

the beginning of July ! You actually helped me on a previous post around August 15th . I had No nitrite readings then now they are off the charts along with nitrate . I have Been dozing t with ammonia to around 3 ppm eveth day so i probably Am overdoing it then .  I changed 70 percent of the water just now going to see what that does in a couple hours . 

• Like 2

That should help. You're almost there!!

Hey there ! Had started cyclimg
the beginning of July ! You actually helped me on a previous post around August 15th . I had No nitrite readings then now they are off the charts along with nitrate . I have Been dozing t with ammonia to around 3 ppm eveth day so i probably Am overdoing it then .  I changed 70 percent of the water just now going to see what that does in a couple hours . 

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Goodluck on thecycle man. 👍🏼

• Like 1