Mikey

Please help Moon :(

49 posts in this topic

She’s quite lethargic today :(

F7313D2C-886B-413D-A98D-6657D14A40EA.jpeg

Can I get a shot at that same distance but nice and clear including the eye and mouth?  It’s like the exact wrong angle 😘

36 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

Can I get a shot at that same distance but nice and clear including the eye and mouth?  It’s like the exact wrong angle 😘

She does NOT like to cooperate :thud I hope these are good. I’m sorry if they aren’t!

34716052-144B-41E5-910B-84FB9C0B38B1.jpeg

A203E143-DFBA-4380-ABE1-9D613AD414DC.jpeg

BD2CAB13-521E-4A2A-894D-BDF5703517A4.jpeg

I can’t think for my life today. Does this treatment schedule look good? (4 on/3 off prazi) 

301DE74D-56B7-44A8-A974-AB6D6A5696D5.jpeg

It got really really red in the last 7 hours 

2DCA7A54-029B-4CF1-99C6-FF07A6B51B15.jpeg

Why am I still awake?  Because I’m stupid apparently.

Anyway, it could be irritation or a bleed, I’m leaning toward the latter.  There is absolutely zero to be done about it.  Keep up with the medication and we won’t handle her anymore, and will keep the lights off.  Feed lightly, keep the current gentle.  Low stress and let’s see if we can improve her condition a bit.  

Expect the redness to be the last symptom to resolve, if it is a broken capillary or abcess.  If it goes away quickly it’s likely just inflamed.  If there is zero improvement in her behavior OR appearance by Monday we will add in the Oxy you have as well, but not before, okay? :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

Why am I still awake?  Because I’m stupid apparently.

Anyway, it could be irritation or a bleed, I’m leaning toward the latter.  There is absolutely zero to be done about it.  Keep up with the medication and we won’t handle her anymore, and will keep the lights off.  Feed lightly, keep the current gentle.  Low stress and let’s see if we can improve her condition a bit.  

Expect the redness to be the last symptom to resolve, if it is a broken capillary or abcess.  If it goes away quickly it’s likely just inflamed.  If there is zero improvement in her behavior OR appearance by Monday we will add in the Oxy you have as well, but not before, okay? :)

I only have 5 hours of sleep right now :o I don’t know why I’m awake haha. 

Okay! Will do! 

the oxy is two years old. That’s okay, right?

Her not being well is stressing me out so much :( she’s just sulking in a corner bottom sitting. She’s in that same position of the last picture I took. 

Posted (edited)

The dry antibiotics, especially when they’re kept cool and aren’t mixed with anything like a food, are okay past the expiration date.   No prob. 

I’m sorry she is clearly not feeling well.  You’re doing the best you can and if it doesn’t work, you did absolutely everything you could to help her. Really.  That’s the frustrating thing about sick animals - we can’t cure them.  We can only try to make the conditions favorable for their bodies to heal themselves. In this case we are reducing any fluke population, trying to address any other internal parasites or gram positive bacterial infections, and keeping her stress low.  But the rest is on Moon and she is an older fish.  She may surprise us though :)

Edited by Arctic Mama
  • Like 1

Thank you Taryl :hug I hope she surprises us as well.

She’s swimming today :heart:heart still weak but she’s eating more willingly like she wants to. She has minor pine coming near her vent. I Held off on the epsom because I forgot I didn’t have any butim going to get some today and add it with today’s water change 

image.jpg

I really thought this was the end for Moon. :heart She’s doing I think pretty well considering how she was. @Arctic Mama thank you :):hug 

D72E6234-B609-4DE1-8FFE-B62C71313A41.jpeg

Posted (edited)

520738AB-BD01-43F7-A7EC-6987AFAF8DD3.jpeg

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 1

I’m treating my main tank with prazi pro now. I just bought a new UV sterilizer now bulb because the one in there is way past it’s prime. And all new pads for the canister as well. I still don’t know why but not complaining but I love that prazi kills black beard algae. It has been such a problem in my tank!!

She does look better than she was :)

• Like 1

On 8/30/2018 at 11:01 PM, Mikey said:

I’m treating my main tank with prazi pro now. I just bought a new UV sterilizer now bulb because the one in there is way past it’s prime. And all new pads for the canister as well. I still don’t know why but not complaining but I love that prazi kills black beard algae. It has been such a problem in my tank!!

How is she doing? 

5 minutes ago, koko said:

How is she doing? 

Hi Koko! I think she’s doing okay. I’m going to give her a 100% water change tonight when I get home. I’ll post some pics after that. :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Hi Koko! I think she’s doing okay. I’m going to give her a 100% water change tonight when I get home. I’ll post some pics after that. :) 

She's a trooper I tell ya :thumbs: Would love to see photos of her :) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, koko said:

She's a trooper I tell ya :thumbs: Would love to see photos of her :) 

She doesn’t look the best, but she looks better. I neglected water changes for a couple days. Work and school has been absolutely killing me. She could probably be doing better if I gave her more water changes :/ I just did a 95% water change. I tested the ammonia and nitrite and they were 0ppm:idont I didn’t test nitrate though. pH was 7.8. Her eye almost looks sunken in now? 

CAEDFC72-35BA-4AFB-991F-098AD00AAD24.jpeg

42FD1D19-9014-409D-ACB9-76AB416D3B10.jpeg

DE5E404D-FA5D-49A8-A866-E4022B283AB8.jpeg

She does look alot better :) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, koko said:

She does look alot better :) 

Should I do any other treatment or just do the clean water? I see some slime coat build up on her tail. Should I do more prazi?

Hi Mikey!!! Moon looks great!!!  :thumbup2:

She's adorable, glad she's getting better.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Should I do any other treatment or just do the clean water? I see some slime coat build up on her tail. Should I do more prazi?

I would do clean water for a while and see hows she's doing. :) Thats if you can keep up with it :teehee 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, koko said:

I would do clean water for a while and see hows she's doing. :) Thats if you can keep up with it :teehee 

Okay! Sounds good :):P