Sign in to follow this  
jen626

Where to buy medicated koi food?

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I've been out of goldfish tending for awhile but am helping my stepson with his 1500 gallon koi pond. I told him I used to keep medicated food on hand so I could treat my goldfish immediately if they became sick. I used to buy my med food from Goldfish Connection which I discovered today is no longer in business! They used to also sell a food to encourage growth (jump start?). I was wondering if you could recommend anywhere that would sell both a medicated koi food and a high quality growth food?  Thank you!

11 hours ago, jen626 said:

Hi, I've been out of goldfish tending for awhile but am helping my stepson with his 1500 gallon koi pond. I told him I used to keep medicated food on hand so I could treat my goldfish immediately if they became sick. I used to buy my med food from Goldfish Connection which I discovered today is no longer in business! They used to also sell a food to encourage growth (jump start?). I was wondering if you could recommend anywhere that would sell both a medicated koi food and a high quality growth food?  Thank you!

Believe it or not :lol

Rick Hess the owner of GC is the owner of http://www.aquameds.com

He sells Koi foods and meds :) 

As I understand it, you can't get medicated food for pond use any more.  You can always make medicated food by making a concentrated solution of the medicine and dripping it on the pellets until they stop absorbing liquid. You can also mix the medicine into gel food.

I am a fan of Blackwater Creek growth food.  I've been using it for years and I have some huge goldfish. Foster and Smith have great prices and good service.

12 hours ago, shakaho said:

As I understand it, you can't get medicated food for pond use any more.  You can always make medicated food by making a concentrated solution of the medicine and dripping it on the pellets until they stop absorbing liquid. You can also mix the medicine into gel food.

I am a fan of Blackwater Creek growth food.  I've been using it for years and I have some huge goldfish. Foster and Smith have great prices and good service.

WOW your right Sharon :o

Unfortunately, since 01/01/2017 Medi-Koi is no longer available and we do not have any stock. Due to new FDA regulations starting in 2017, you will need a prescription from a veterinarian to buy medicated fish food. So in light of this, we decided not to produce it any longer. This is not just Medi-koi but all medicated fish food.