Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jen626

Where to buy medicated koi food?

Hi, I've been out of goldfish tending for awhile but am helping my stepson with his 1500 gallon koi pond. I told him I used to keep medicated food on hand so I could treat my goldfish immediately if they became sick. I used to buy my med food from Goldfish Connection which I discovered today is no longer in business! They used to also sell a food to encourage growth (jump start?). I was wondering if you could recommend anywhere that would sell both a medicated koi food and a high quality growth food?  Thank you!

11 hours ago, jen626 said:

Hi, I've been out of goldfish tending for awhile but am helping my stepson with his 1500 gallon koi pond. I told him I used to keep medicated food on hand so I could treat my goldfish immediately if they became sick. I used to buy my med food from Goldfish Connection which I discovered today is no longer in business! They used to also sell a food to encourage growth (jump start?). I was wondering if you could recommend anywhere that would sell both a medicated koi food and a high quality growth food?  Thank you!

Believe it or not :lol

Rick Hess the owner of GC is the owner of http://www.aquameds.com

He sells Koi foods and meds :) 

As I understand it, you can't get medicated food for pond use any more.  You can always make medicated food by making a concentrated solution of the medicine and dripping it on the pellets until they stop absorbing liquid. You can also mix the medicine into gel food.

I am a fan of Blackwater Creek growth food.  I've been using it for years and I have some huge goldfish. Foster and Smith have great prices and good service.

12 hours ago, shakaho said:

As I understand it, you can't get medicated food for pond use any more.  You can always make medicated food by making a concentrated solution of the medicine and dripping it on the pellets until they stop absorbing liquid. You can also mix the medicine into gel food.

I am a fan of Blackwater Creek growth food.  I've been using it for years and I have some huge goldfish. Foster and Smith have great prices and good service.

WOW your right Sharon :o

Unfortunately, since 01/01/2017 Medi-Koi is no longer available and we do not have any stock. Due to new FDA regulations starting in 2017, you will need a prescription from a veterinarian to buy medicated fish food. So in light of this, we decided not to produce it any longer. This is not just Medi-koi but all medicated fish food.