mjfromga

My little stinkers

5 posts in this topic

Lol it's sorta funny seeing the Ryukins next to the Comets like this. The Ryukins look like such SHRIMPS. 

IMG_20180731_134638~2.jpg

IMG_20180731_134708~2.jpg

IMG_20180731_134723.jpg

IMG_20180731_134747.jpg

• Like 3

Live them especially the white one with red fins.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thank you. That one you speak of would be Star. He's the largest and prettiest out of his siblings. Hence the name lol. 

• Like 1

Thank you. That one you speak of would be Star. He's the largest and prettiest out of his siblings. Hence the name lol. 
I love em all, particularly the ryukins - firm fav of mine! Get shots.

Question, how big is the pond in question? Sorry if you answered this before, have a terrible memory.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Pond is a porch pond. 70 gallons. With 6 fishies. Overstocked. The Comets were really not supposed to be there at all, and I ended up with more Ryukin babies than I wanted too... But I couldn't just get rid of them so I kept them since they were tiny and it wasn't an issue.

Then I wanted to get rid of a few of them, but my large pond was swept by massive and mystery disease that destroyed every single fish in it and this pond was exposed to a fish that was in that pond for a short time... So I no longer felt it was ethical to try and give any of these fish away.

So here they all are. They are beginning to get big though. I still won't give any of them away. I gave away some from the other pond that looked totally healthy to a member of this forum and they brought the disease they had to someone else's tank. I had no idea and I'll never EVER risk it again.

If I feel like my pond can't handle it's fish load and water quality begins to take a hit, I will have to put down some fish. The Comets will have to go. This pond can sustain 4 Ryukins just fine. But so far everyone is doing well and there aren't any water quality issues that I have spotted. 

Lol that bright orange fish in the last photo was this little thing when I put her in last November. Her name is Shrimp. 

IMG_20171022_125803.jpg

• Like 2