Kokos Goldfish Forum
Casey120

Just a little vid of my tank and the the new arrivals .

I really like it!

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Oh I so like that tri color one :teehee 

Balıklarınız çok güzeller, bitkileri yemiyorlar mı? Özellikle cabomba yumuşaktır ben de devamlı yiyorlar. 

On 12/30/2018 at 12:41 PM, adige42 said:

Balıklarınız çok güzeller, bitkileri yemiyorlar mı? Özellikle cabomba yumuşaktır ben de devamlı yiyorlar. 

Your fish are very beautiful, do not eat the plants? Especially the cabomba is soft, and they eat all the time.

Translate

How many gallons is this tank?

Sorry I didn't see the reactions earlier .

The tank is a little over 140 gallon , add another 35 gallon for the bio filter, the fish are much , really much bigger now and started to eat the plants like no tomorrow, I have some  stronger plants now and less :)

The Tri color Oranda turned almost all black later on but the head remained white , strangely now she is turning back to gold again on the belly .

I will post update pics later .

What are the dimensions of that tank?  Could you show some pictures that show the whole tank?

Thanks.  You have an impressive filtration system.  Would you describe the water flow through the system?  What are the things in the sumps?  They look like pieces of pipe.

I'm still trying to find the dimensions of a 140 gallon tank.  That is a lot of water.

What kind of gravel is on the bottom. I am still trying to decide if I should go bare bottom??  I have been reading that gravel is not really good for gold fish ?

On 2/2/2019 at 1:14 PM, Casey120 said:

4yOyDI9.jpg

1a8zzAM.jpg

Very nice tank set up. As Sharon said can you give us dimensions of the tank :)

Im interesting in your filtration too, I don't think I have seen one quite like this one before :) 

The tank is 140 x 65 x 60 cm , the sump also contains about 20 gallons of water .

rydL2hN.jpg

The filter is an simple sump I made out of an old aquarium , the water falls into an overflow compartment in the  right corner of the main tank trough filter wool where  the mechanical filtration takes place to keep the sump clean , the water then falls on filter pads into the first compartment and then goes trough the other compartments filled with mostly Siporax in two sizes  as you see in the picture , I swapped some of it  recently for biohome filter media, in the last compartment an Eheim pump brings the water back up.

The sera filter next to it had a co2 reactor on it but I exchanged that for an old but bigger Eheim external filter and removed the co2 altogether, I use liquid co2  ( easy carbo )  now .

That's really impressive. Beautiful tanks and goldfish. 

On 2/5/2019 at 12:49 PM, Casey120 said:

The tank is 140 x 65 x 60 cm , the sump also contains about 20 gallons of water .

rydL2hN.jpg

The filter is an simple sump I made out of an old aquarium , the water falls into an overflow compartment in the  right corner of the main tank trough filter wool where  the mechanical filtration takes place to keep the sump clean , the water then falls on filter pads into the first compartment and then goes trough the other compartments filled with mostly Siporax in two sizes  as you see in the picture , I swapped some of it  recently for biohome filter media, in the last compartment an Eheim pump brings the water back up.

The sera filter next to it had a co2 reactor on it but I exchanged that for an old but bigger Eheim external filter and removed the co2 altogether, I use liquid co2  ( easy carbo )  now .

Thats very impressive. How would you change the water out in that? Im wondering :O

On 2/25/2019 at 8:58 PM, koko said:

Thats very impressive. How would you change the water out in that? Im wondering :O

You dont need to , its a sump so the water is falling from the tank in the sump and then pumped back in the main tank .I just change about 75 % of the main tank once a week and rinse/change the wool in the overflow compartment .