Phoenix

Goldfish stressed and not eating, don't know why????

239 posts in this topic

He’d probably eat them, yes.

Ok, so, I redid the entire tank. Took out all the sand and used clay pots for my plants. I added him back in on Saturday, November 24th and so far I'd like to say everything is going well. Knock on wood. He's been eating well and isn't skiddish. I've got him on spinach now too and I also feed him an occasional veggie round while also feeding him pellets majority of the week. I want to get gel food too, or make my own, only if he is well for at least 2 weeks. I completely replaced all the media in the filter as well, so I have been doing water changes and such to keep up with the lack of a cycle.

IMG_20181125_162125020.jpg

Looking good. Is that bridge hollow inside? 

Looks really good!  What Koko is getting at is that if that ornament is hollow you may want to fill it with sand and silicone to prevent gases and mulm from getting trapped in there.  Otherwise just be sure to lift and shake it out each water change to get any old stuff out of it as that can be one possible vector for issues in a tank.  It is less likely barebottom than with a bridge or tower sunk into substrate, though!

• Like 1

The bridge isn't hollow inside. It's officially been 2 weeks of Karma being back and he's still doing real well. 

Oh good!  That shouldn’t be any issue then.  And I’m glad to hear everything still looks good - woohoo!

Karma has still been doing well and I am very pleased with everything right now. Again, I cannot thank you guys enough for all that you've taught me and helped me overcome. I just want to confirm something, would it still be a good idea to get a shubunkin? I don't want him to be lonely so I am just making sure that I am still good to go on that front. When the cycle is stable and Karma is all fine, I am planning on getting a shubunkin, and of course quarantining it. Still fine?

Yes, when you feel comfortable with Karma’s health and the tank is stable you can get a shubunkin and begin quarantine procedures with him.  Obviously you don’t want to prop a new fish into the tank and risk getting Karma sick again, but after quarantine and possible treatment for parasites or any issues that pop up another fish should be fine to add. 

Ok thank you! Is there anything I should watch out for when keeping two goldfish housed together? Also I think you mentioned dosing prazi during QT? I could be remembering wrong.

9 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Ok thank you! Is there anything I should watch out for when keeping two goldfish housed together? Also I think you mentioned dosing prazi during QT? I could be remembering wrong.

Just make sure they both get food. I would suggest making your water changes 50% every week with two fish. 

Yes I Prazi all my new fish :) 

Would I need to worry about spawning at all if I get a female on accident or would they not be compatible? Or are the requirements more specific and don't usually occur on accident? 

15 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Would I need to worry about spawning at all if I get a female on accident or would they not be compatible? Or are the requirements more specific and don't usually occur on accident? 

I have a boy and girl no issues here. When they do breed they will eat about 90% of the eggs so no need to worry about that. :lol